Tex Wasabi and Captain Jack update-lots of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
Love the names and they're both beautiful!!!

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
You have great torts! I showed the pictures to my Levi so he has a goal to aspire too ;) :p

And I have to ask Captain Jack? Sparrow or Harkness?

doctrin13th

5 Year Member
Philippines
Tex wasabi is so majestic! With marginal scales(What do you call that again? :D) beautiful like petals. I wish my Parsley would grow the same.

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I've never tried to walk WalkingRock outside of his yard... the one time he got out the front yard, my neibor tried to "Shoosh" him back.... So funny seeing a 70 year old lady with a dish towel bent over and "shooshing" a 70lb tort like he was a house cat. WR just looked up at me when I got there with a look that said... "Is she for real?"

How old is Tex? WalkingRock is 11 and 73lb and 24". I must agree with everyone about your smooth younge'ins they are very nice looking!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
ShadowRancher said:
You have great torts! I showed the pictures to my Levi so he has a goal to aspire too ;) :p

And I have to ask Captain Jack? Sparrow or Harkness?

Sparrow, savvy? My daughter LOVES Captain Jack Sparrow and Will Turner. I have seen all the movies probably more times than I care to count, but somehow they never get old. I caught the Sparrow fever and have a Captain Jack Sparrow theme on my Droid3.

DeanS said:
Very pleased with Jack's growth...seems to be on a good pace, too! Never get tired of seeing Wasabi's mug, either!

Thanks Dean! I'm trying my best. I love me some Wasabi too! He's my bud. What is it about being outside with a big Sulcata that is so relaxing?

bubbles01 said:
This is the first time I've seen this thread, simply beautiful tortoises.... Love the names and they are both gorgeous. Tex is a HUGE boy, would love to see the neighbours faces when you take him for a walk..

Thank you. The neighbors couldn't believe it. They wanted to know all about him. It was so fun.

doctrin13th said:
Tex wasabi is so majestic! With marginal scales(What do you call that again? :D) beautiful like petals. I wish my Parsley would grow the same.

Thank you- I do have to give props to the family that raised Tex until he was 6 years old. Though he does have some pyramiding, he was in good shape when we adopted him a little over a year ago. Spend some time on this forum and adhere to what the veterans of this forum who have raised them say about raising Sulcatas and Parsley will be in good shape for growing up nice and strong!

Zamric said:
I've never tried to walk WalkingRock outside of his yard... the one time he got out the front yard, my neibor tried to "Shoosh" him back.... So funny seeing a 70 year old lady with a dish towel bent over and "shooshing" a 70lb tort like he was a house cat. WR just looked up at me when I got there with a look that said... "Is she for real?"

How old is Tex? WalkingRock is 11 and 73lb and 24". I must agree with everyone about your smooth younge'ins they are very nice looking!

So I work with the elderly and I can totally picture one of the residents in a facility in my caseload doing the same thing. It had to be hilarious no matter how good her intention was. I can see the look on WR's face too. How funny. Tex is a little over 7 years old now. I'm thinking he'll be pretty big, but I'd be willing to be Captain Jack may end up bigger.

Status
Not open for further replies.