Tex Wasabi and Captain Jack update-lots of pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADVANceNA

5 Year Member
aaahhhh brings me a lot of joy to hear and see great stories. both look awesome, and i must concur, great names ! you're doing a grand job

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Nice shots...can't get over the growth on Tex...and that last shot...the expression on Jack's face is priceless...like 'Get that DAMN camera outta my face! Or feel the wrath of my gulars!' :p

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
maggie3fan said:
I so agree with Tom. What a beautiful smooth baby. I like the color change too. The more you have Tex Wasabi outside the more those pyramids will smooth out. I imagine this will be the last year he can live in the house...he's gonna be too big! Or is he living in the Log Cabin at night?

Maggie- Tex Wasabi, my big guy has the run of the majority of our backyard. He just spends his nights in the log cabin. During the day, he grazes and walks all around. Once in a while during the day he might go in there and take a snooze, but most often he's out and about. There's no way I would try and limit him to just his log cabin, he's a walker and needs room.

DeanS said:
Nice shots...can't get over the growth on Tex...and that last shot...the expression on Jack's face is priceless...like 'Get that DAMN camera outta my face! Or feel the wrath of my gulars!' :p

Dean- I think you've got Tex and Jack mixed up. Tex is my big guy and Jack is my little guy. But you're right- Jack has had crazy growth- makes me excited! And the look on Tex's face was definitely "Get out of my way or else!" I surely love them both!!!

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
jensgotfaith said:
DeanS said:

Dean- I think you've got Tex and Jack mixed up. Tex is my big guy and Jack is my little guy. But you're right- Jack has had crazy growth- makes me excited! And the look on Tex's face was definitely "Get out of my way or else!" I surely love them both!!!

You are so right! I know who's who...I just mixed up placement! :rolleyes: DUH!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
So here's a couple more recent pics of Captain Jack:
DSC02541.jpg

DSC02540.jpg

He's grown so much!!!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Just weighed Tex Wasabi- He weighs 69.6 pounds and measures about 21.5 inches in SCL. When we adopted him nearly one year ago he wieghed 60 pounds and measured 19 inches in SCL. Not bad for one years growth, right?

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Thanks! I've been meaning to weigh him and measure him for a while. We just had to figure out the best way to do that. We ended up taking a 5 gallon bucket and turned it upside down and placed it on our scale. Seemed to work pretty well.

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
Just weighed Captain Jack again- He's now 1284 grams or 45.30 ounces. Good grief he's grown so much! To think in April of this year he only weighed 398 grams.

SailingMystic

5 Year Member
Chester County, PA
What an absolutely beautiful turtle! Great pictures!! How do you guide him back inside? He's a big boy. So awesome!!

They really grew that much in one year?? What is their favorite food? So precious! Great pictures!!

jensgotfaith

5 Year Member
Rocklin, CA
/Here's a few new pics of Captain Jack- he's grown so much! The last time I weighed/measured him was 11/27/2011 and he was 8 3/4" SCL and 4 lbs. and .20 oz. I weighed him on 08/26/2011 and his measurements were 7 1/2" and 2lbs. 10.25 oz. That is crazy growth!
DSC03395.jpg

DSC03392.jpg

DSC03391.jpg

DSC03394.jpg

See how much he's grown since we got him in November 2010:
DSC01038.jpg

bubbles01

5 Year Member
Corfu, Greece
This is the first time I've seen this thread, simply beautiful tortoises.... Love the names and they are both gorgeous. Tex is a HUGE boy, would love to see the neighbours faces when you take him for a walk..

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Very pleased with Jack's growth...seems to be on a good pace, too! Never get tired of seeing Wasabi's mug, either!

Status
Not open for further replies.