Texas: 3 Yearling Three-toed boxies up for adoption to good home

txturtle13

5 Year Member
I have an adult female three toed (who is not up for adoption). She has two babies from her last year, and one baby which I adopted. All three yearlings are three-toed boxies. Unfortunately my schedule no longer allowa for the babies to get enough attention and care. I am looking for someone in the Houston, TX area who would give them a good home. If you are interested, please let me know.

txturtle13

5 Year Member
These are up for a free adoption. I want to make sure they're going to a good home, so please message me with info.

tortdad

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
NW Houston TX
Pm sent

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
0.0.1 Cherryhead Redfoot (Bruce Wayne)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
(Said in a child's voice while sitting straight up at a desk with my hand stretched as high as it will go)

Oh oh, pick me pick me

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

lismar79

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
For what its worth I would pick tortdad..... just look at some of his enclosures and not to mention the cool names he picks for his torts ;)

Earth Mama

5 Year Member
Houston, Texas
Tortdad would be an excellent boxie dad. You wouldn't have to worry at all about their wellbeing.

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
I can't add pictures to your private message and I tried to load them in this topic but I get a message saying I don't have permission to do so. Pm me your email or phone and I can send you the pics I have in my phone.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

tortdad

5 Year Member
NW Houston TX
Also just do you know. My outdoor box for my big just is heated and in a thermostat plus I keep an outdoor wires weather station in there so I can always monitor the temps for power failures. I'm the same way with my indoor enclosures. I use uV bulbs on timers and CHE's on thermostats to maintain optimal conditions. I how my own veggies for my torts and have several eatable plants in the backyard. I will keep them inside every winter (no hibernating them this winter so I can get to know them) then start hibernating them in a year or two. I have two outdoor enclosures, one for Hal and one for my Redfoots. The RF are too young to live outdoors so they just go out for some sunshine a few times a week. It's too cold for them so probable no more until spring. I would use the down time this winter to set your babies up with there own out door spot.

We don't have any other pets than out shelled babies and no pool for them to drowned in. I've never had box turtles (only tortoises) but I know I'm up to the task.

0.0.1 Redfoot (Spike)
1.0 Sulcata (Hal Jordan)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Congratulations Kevin! Box turtles are awesome! I can't understand why I don't have any? ? I must check into that .

txturtle13

5 Year Member
I am very happy that Kevin will be adopting these little guys! I know he will take great care if them. I'm keeping mama, she's about ready for hibernation. I hope her babies get her personality. Thank you Kevin!