Thank you John (Tropical Torts)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
I just wanted to thank John and to let you all know what a sweet and thoughtful guy he is. Several weeks back, there was an ad by him of a split scute yellowfoot hatchling. Anybody who knows me, knows I adore split scutes, so I decided I had to have him. Since then, like many parts of the country, it has been really cold here in Nebraska, so he has not been able to ship him to me. Other places might have gone ahead and taken chances shipping him any how, but John really wants the best for his hatchlings, so he is holding it until the weather gets warm enough. There was one day with "close" temps, but close was not good enough. Keep in mind this has been weeks now (at this rate they will be adults before they can be shipped). :rolleyes: :D Today in my mail from John, I found a message from him and pictures showing my little ones soaking. I was very impressed with him being sweet enough all on his own to take the time and trouble to take these pictures and send them to me. He did not have to and I had not asked him to do it. I have already been impressed with him, but this simple act of kindness has made him go even further up on my list of great guys in the world of tortoises. Just thought you all should know what he did.

Thank you John!!

TortsNTurtles

10 Year Member!
North East
I am glad you got that baby. It was beautiful!!!! I was tempted to purchase it but not set up in any way .You will have to post pictures as the baby grows :)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
One of my very first tortoises (right after the pair of bells hingebacks) was a yellowfoot and he was a great tortoise. Since then I have wanted to get a couple again and when I saw that baby, saw the scutes, and saw the price it was like yes! Just wished there had been a couple more like him. :D I am really looking forward to having him. :D