Thank you

Gemmay

hi everyone

I just wanted to say thank you. Since I found this site a week ago, it has helped me so much. A couple of minutes ago I looked in on our tortoise to see something pink hanging out of "her" tail quickly.

After a full blown freak out and my stomach in my mouth I had a quick look on here and saw the thread possible flashing (which I had no idea what it was) on there I found a picture which was exactly what I saw on my tortoise so i guess this means I have a boy (now with no name)

If I'm completely honest I thought looking after a tortoise would be a lot easier then it is and this site has been the best and so helpful. I believe formally if u have a pet it's for life and you should do everything you can to make sure it is happy and well looked after.

So again thank you all for your posts which I read through all the time, it's very much appreciated.

I'm now off to have a quick drink to get over the shock.

Gemma

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I know, huh? It is quite a shock the first time you see his 'man parts'.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Glad that you joined the forum.:tort:

I agree: torts are not that easy to deal with, however I was somehow expecting this; as I had never had a pet/dealt with animals before I got my beloved tort - OLI.:<3: So I wasn't at all surprised, let alone shocked.;)

So your tort turned out to be a male. What about giving him a name?:)

Last edited by a moderator:

Gemmay

Glad that you joined the forum.:tort:

I agree: torts are not that easy to deal with, however I was somehow expecting this; as I had never had a pet/dealt with animals before I got my beloved tort - OLI.:<3: So I wasn't at all surprised, let alone shocked.;)

So your tort turned out to be a male. What out giving him a name?:)

Well I have cats and I had a pet snake, until he died earlier in the year but I assumed a tortoise would be quite similar but there is just so much to learn. I'm getting there and really enjoying him, apart from the flashing lol. Tbh not to sure yet. I like hector or Horace, still thinking, I'd got so used to calling him Heeby. I'm also so glad I joined it's such a help :)

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Well I have cats and I had a pet snake, until he died earlier in the year but I assumed a tortoise would be quite similar but there is just so much to learn. I'm getting there and really enjoying him, apart from the flashing lol. Tbh not to sure yet. I like hector or Horace, still thinking, I'd got so used to calling him Heeby. I'm also so glad I joined it's such a help :)
I thought my tort was female until he displayed his wares!
I had called 'her' Lola and he still is - like in the Kinks song.

Gemmay

Thank lyn, I've been calling him lil heebs but now he's a boy I'm not sure what to call him. I'll think of something. I keep trying differs t names to see which one I like!
It was such a shock I thought he had something wrong with him at first lol

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
hi everyone

I just wanted to say thank you. Since I found this site a week ago, it has helped me so much. A couple of minutes ago I looked in on our tortoise to see something pink hanging out of "her" tail quickly.

After a full blown freak out and my stomach in my mouth I had a quick look on here and saw the thread possible flashing (which I had no idea what it was) on there I found a picture which was exactly what I saw on my tortoise so i guess this means I have a boy (now with no name)

If I'm completely honest I thought looking after a tortoise would be a lot easier then it is and this site has been the best and so helpful. I believe formally if u have a pet it's for life and you should do everything you can to make sure it is happy and well looked after.

So again thank you all for your posts which I read through all the time, it's very much appreciated.

I'm now off to have a quick drink to get over the shock.

Gemma
I think I'll join you for a drink.
(any excuse!):)