Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chinque

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
I am getting a Russian tort soon, but I am not sure what pick for a name... I am thinking either Pebbles, Squirt, Max, or Misty (I'm not sure if I'm getting a boy or girl, either). If anybody has any suggestions, feel free to post! I'll let you guys know when I get him or her and what name I choose!! Thanks a ton for your help!!!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I like Max, if a male-Max works fine and if turns out to be female--Max can easily become Maxine..... :p

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Do you know if the Russian is a male or female? I like them all, but my favorites are Pebbles and Squirt.

Rutagonzo

5 Year Member
I tend to name my pets after funny vegetable names. I'm not that sure why, though. I like to think that all the pets I keep are unique :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Is this thread really to be debated? or can I move it to maybe the "general" tortoise section?

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
I had to get a new tortoise-a baby Russian-and I decided to name her daisy! Thanks for all your help!

SassyKelz

5 Year Member
Coming from someone that has a pet contest on Instagram, I see a lot of pets and their names. A LOT of people name their pets something generic like I get at least one animal a week named Buddy, if not more even my cousins dog is named Buddy! So I prefer something more unique if possible although I am horrible at naming animals. (My hamsters name was Stripe, my other hamster was Mr.Whiskers, my guinea pig was Fuzzy, my goldfish was Goldy, anyways you get my point) I ask people to help with names too.

A cool idea I saw on Youtube was that you get a piece of paper and write the names you like in a large circle (with place for your tortoise to fit in the middle). You place your tortoise in the middle and let him or her walk in whatever direction. The name he/she lands on will be his/her name :)

Status
Not open for further replies.