The Boys are Showing their Stuff - HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
So, 3 of my sulcatas are about 4 1/2 yrs. old. They have been together since they were hatchlings. Today I decided to put in another sulcata that I got from Robyn. Not sure of age, but have had her in quarantine for a long time. We decided to open the whole pen to give them more wandering room. As soon as we did this, the 3 sullys started acting funny and showed their stuff. I thought that out of the 3 I had 2 males and 1 female. But apparently I was mistaken. Is it that time of the year? Or, do you think that because I introduced the new one, that they did this? They really didn't pay any mind to her at all. Now, I guess I am going to have to decide who to rehome. I know that eventually all those males together won't be good.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Dee, sorry to hear 3 are males. It is that time of year, Spring is in the air, plus you introduced Squirt to them. sigh :). Little Squirt is growing up and meeting others of her kind. Sounds like she is doing good. I hate to think of you having to rehome any of them but I understand the delima. What a sight that must have been for you with those three exposed but at least now you know for sure they are males.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
It was just crazy that I have never seen any of them do it and they all did it within 5 minutes! Squirt looks a little shy but she also looks rather curious to see them. She is doing great I will post pics soon!

desertsss

5 Year Member
How exciting yet troubling that must have been. I am sorry to hear of your problem. Hopefully you won't have to rehome any. After spring will they still have this kind of reaction to a female?

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Foothills above Sacramento CA
If Squirt is a female.. you will have issues.. once a fem gets introduced.. the boys go crazy! If you keep her seperate.. you might be ok..

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Squirt is about half the size of my largest one. Do you think it would be a bit before they start going crazy. I am not even positive she is a female.

Status
Not open for further replies.