The dangers of too deep water bowls. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banshee

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Tampa, Florida
I watched her one night while she was wandering around her enclosure. I noticed her walking along the edge of the water bowl and was thinking to myself that she may topple in. I assume that this is how it happened. She was walking along the edge, slipped, and fell in on her back. The steps were only on one end, like a swimming pool.

Beeliz

5 Year Member
Montreal,Quebec
awww,,that's so sad,,I'm so sorry for you.. Things happen,,and there's nothing we could do to prevent them sometimes,,you did what you thought was best,and that's what you have to remember.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
So sorry for your loss!! I feel so bad for you! Accidents happen!

Banshee

5 Year Member
Tampa, Florida
I just buried her under the hibiscus plant that I used to feed to her. May she nom nom nom in the afterlife.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Aw Geez....That's just so sad.

Talka

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
So sorry :(

I have the exact same bowl. I'm gonna make goddamn sure now that it's very shallow from now on. Thank you. You may have just saved Sheldon's life.

Katherine

5 Year Member
So so sorry for you and your little tortoise. Remember that we all, at some point, learn a painful lesson. Thank you for sharing yours with us so that others can modify their own enclosures and routines accordingly. Unfortunately, this is often how we learn what works and what doesn't. I hope you find peace and heal quickly.

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Banshee said:
I just buried her under the hibiscus plant that I used to feed to her. May she nom nom nom in the afterlife.

Aww, this makes me sad to hear that she drowned. I'm so sorry you lost her so early :( May she rest in peace.

tortoises101

5 Year Member
Ontario, Canada
Poor little guy. :( It must be horrible to experience something like this, but I'm thankful that you took the time to write this and it'll undoubtedly save many lives in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.