The First One This Spring

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Several days ago I cut some vines and left them laying. KIMG2110.JPGToday I went out to bundle some up to be hauled away and spotted this little guy hiding under this bunch.KIMG2111.JPGI used to set the youngsters found out front up in an enclosure and raise them up. But for the last several years I just leave them to grow on their own wild. Some I never see again but some I see a couple times over the summer months. It's nice to see them grow wild and get more colorful over time.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
You know Len, when I first saw your thread over Ginger passing in the one below, I didn't realize how perfect & fitting it is.

Thanks, that was cool of you!

AmandaF

Congresbury
Several days ago I cut some vines and left them laying. View attachment 356228Today I went out to bundle some up to be hauled away and spotted this little guy hiding under this bunch.View attachment 356229I used to set the youngsters found out front up in an enclosure and raise them up. But for the last several years I just leave them to grow on their own wild. Some I never see again but some I see a couple times over the summer months. It's nice to see them grow wild and get more colorful over time.
That is amazing. Thank you 🐢

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Today I was getting rid of some more vines and decided to cut a rosemary plant back that really needed a trim. And this guy was at the base of it.KIMG2155.JPGI believe he's 4 years old and one that I see every year. Today was the first time I picked him up to get a better picture of him. KIMG2154.JPGHe didn't mind, never closed up. Put him back where he was and stopped weeding and trimming. The pictures don't do him justice he is going to be a beautiful adult male box turtle.