The Human test

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
I knew the video before and I am the same opinion like you. When mommy or daddy observe closely that a little child will do not harm the tort unwittingly it can be a wonderful friendship for life. Children that learned to take care of animals are happier and healthier than children without animals, I think.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
I knew the video before and I am the same opinion like you. When mommy or daddy observe closely that a little child will do not harm the tort unwittingly it can be a wonderful friendship for life. Children that learned to take care of animals are happier and healthier than children without animals, I think.

I noticed that as well, for a child she showed remarkable restraint and did not grab the head or tail, and got close but allowed him to eat.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
Cute vid. I was a little worried with the tub scene. You know how a tort is. Feels water must poop! At least mine are.

There were PLENTY of people letting her know it was a bad idea because of salmonella...I however told her to soak that tort in the tub at neck height and watch what happens after 20 or 30 minutes and tell us if she would want her kid in the same water. I excused her for the mistake since her kid has obviously been well taught how to handle him and it looks like the tort is well cared for.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I wasn't worried about Salmonella. Heck, if it was that easy to get I would have had it a million times between childhood and now. I was just worried if they were going to get through that scene without the tort letting loose in the water. LOL.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
She makes a mistake with the tub, but if you can watch this video and not grin and say awww at LEAST 3 times, you are inhuman.

That was a cute video, thanks for sharing. I hope mom never turns around to see Lula holding one of Leonard's special tortoise cigars in the water.[emoji90]

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
That was a cute video, thanks for sharing. I hope mom never turns around to see Lula holding one of Leonard's special tortoise cigars in the water.[emoji90]

My guess is she was prepared to grab her daughter in an instant if it happened and it was just for the video...I mean who owns a tort for more than a week without the knowledge they release their bowels in water? The first two soaks are very educational lol.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
My guess is she was prepared to grab her daughter in an instant if it happened and it was just for the video...I mean who owns a tort for more than a week without the knowledge they release their bowels in water? The first two soaks are very educational lol.
I know, I was just kidding around. After seeing what comes out of my five and a half pound tortoise in his soaking tub I can only imagine what they're poor bathtub would look like if that ever happened.

DARKFIRE007

Birmingham Alabama
I know, I was just kidding around. After seeing what comes out of my five and a half pound tortoise in his soaking tub I can only imagine what they're poor bathtub would look like if that ever happened.

I am considering another large enclosure and a leopard, how large ARE their movements as an adult? I assume like a dog. That scares me since my Russian's can stink like MAD themselves haha.

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I am considering another large enclosure and a leopard, how large ARE their movements as an adult? I assume like a dog. That scares me since my Russian's can stink like MAD themselves haha.
My young sulcata at his size now could give my old Boston Terrier a run for his money.

Bee62

Germany
I wasn't worried about Salmonella. Heck, if it was that easy to get I would have had it a million times between childhood and now. I was just worried if they were going to get through that scene without the tort letting loose in the water. LOL.
Totally agree !
I grew up with lots of animals: dogs, cats, several species of birds, rabbits, guinea pigs, chicken, horses and torts.
I never washed my hand every time I cuddled an animal, I don`t wanted to spend my whole day in the bathroom !
I often kissed my animals and don`t got worms and deseases.
I was a happy and healthy kiddy and now I am a happy and healthy adult.

Cute idea to soak child and tort at the same time .... saves time .... LOL !