The Kinixys Conservation Blueprint

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Kingman, Arizona
Hello All, From Dave MIsfund

I wanted to share a publication we completed earlier this year focused on status and conservation of the genus Kinixys. The Kinixys Conservation Blueprint (provided for download at lower resolution version due to file size) is the most comprehensive document on African Hingeback Tortoises currently available. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/100952926/Kinixys Conservation Blueprint HRM 2014.pdf
We hope this is a valuable tool for conservation of Kinixys and other African chelonians. It is critical that more effort be placed in this region of the world to stop the mass collection of chelonians and significant loss and degradation of habitat.

So many wonderful people helped in making this possible and I am eternally grateful for their efforts and support. I am especially grateful to Dr. Donald Broadley for all of his wonderful advise and assistance along the way and Jim Harding for his constant support and encouragement.

This work was supported in part through financial contributions by the Mohamed bin Zayed Species Conservation Fund and the Conservation International Foundation Turtle Conservation Fund.

We hope you enjoy and all the best!

Dave

David A. Mifsud, PWS, CWB, CPE
Herpetological Resource and Management, LLC
Email: [email protected]
Mobile Phone: (313) 268-6189
Office Phone: (517) 522-3524
www.HerpRMan.com

Kinixys_torts

Hi Dave - I recently got a pair of Kinixys spekii. I did my research prior to getting them, but none of the information I found could compare to this publication! This was by far the most comprehensive information on Kinixys and had much more detailed species accounts than I had been able to find. Care for the different Kinixys species is NOT identical, and this gave me the information I needed to provide the best care for my pair. Thank you!