the new "what do you look like" thread

jkingler

5 Year Member
Here I am with Deedle. He let me snap some pics, even though he is feeling shy and sleepy. :)

23li742.jpg

ztdldg.jpg

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
ShadowRancher said:
Just found this thread! And after spending an inordinate amount of time surfing through it to find people I know :p here is my own offering.

This might get a little ridiculous because I backed up all of the Facebook pics of me that were posted by other people a few days ago so I've been reliving the last two years of my life...which were pretty awesome. And I love sharing stories and memories (as you may have noticed in my rambles in other posts :)) but I shall try to be reasonable. ;)

Halfway up my first Monroe in Scotland, Bridge of Orchy
fbffb5fc.jpg

Fun with my aunt at the Louvre.
7469a473.jpg

Meeting one of my other friends that was studying abroad in London
efe41347.jpg

Me and my flatmates in Dundee, Scotland (second from left)
e57a0174.jpg

On our way down from Ben Nevis, the highest peak in the UK ( second from right if you haven't caught on)
2a2ef15a.jpg

Chilling at the castle in Edinburgh.
18f21b50.jpg

Thinking I'm awful cool leaning against a cattle stop on Isle of Sky
fb1d3838.jpg

Paddling with my bros in SC
877c266f.jpg

SCUBA!
8d97f2d5.jpg

Lost on a bus at midnight in Rome (two years ago) with my two best friends from MI
b87ff541.jpg

Ok I have NO idea how many that is, sorry :shy:

But one last one, taken on the beach at st Andrews, I was with a bunch of friends and cropped this for my profile but my flatmate Martin deleted the original...this is what spurred my nostalgic backup spree.
e3583338.jpg

:p...I swear my life is usually boring it's just study abroad is the greatest thing ever.

Your pictures were GREAT!! I'm not a traveler, and really haven't gone to many places....almost none....but I always say that before I die I want to go to Scotland. In all the world it is my dream place. Did you take a load of pictures there and do you have any to share? You could start a new thread if you do, or you can just e-mail them to me......if you have any more. I would love to see some pictures of Scotland. My son studied in Italy and also went into Germany for a few days. He did this in his last year of college...last year, and was sad that he didn't study someplace different every year that he was in college

torti

5 Year Member
RE: the new "what do you look like" thread

Just found this thread and then snapped a quick one of myself. Not the best but oh well. ^_^

20120109_133434.jpg

jkingler

5 Year Member
Forgot to commend you all on the great pictures, but great pictures, you all! :p

Sidenote: I feel pretty young on this forum, which is new, since I was ancient compared to the majority of the users on my previous forum, lol.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Since this thread was started I have noticed more and more younger people joining the turtle and tortoise community.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
terryo said:
Your pictures were GREAT!! I'm not a traveler, and really haven't gone to many places....almost none....but I always say that before I die I want to go to Scotland. In all the world it is my dream place. Did you take a load of pictures there and do you have any to share? You could start a new thread if you do, or you can just e-mail them to me......if you have any more. I would love to see some pictures of Scotland. My son studied in Italy and also went into Germany for a few days. He did this in his last year of college...last year, and was sad that he didn't study someplace different every year that he was in college

Scotland is still my dream and I spent nearly a year there I would love so much to move there permanently. I'll do you one better than pictures :) and post a link to my Scotland travel blog in the off topic chit chat section

lynnedit said:
It really is! Great pics.

Thanks so much! I will be forever thankful that I was able to go, wonderful experience.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Do any of you Scotland lovers get Netflix? We just watched 'Stone Of Destiny' on instant play. True story about taking an old royal stone back from England (stolen in 1296, lol) to Scotland in 1950, a boost to Scottish pride.
Lovely country, but rotten to keep torts in!

Melly-n-shorty

5 Year Member
Phoenix Arizona
ha ha ha i couldnt remember what pick i posted on here so i went back... i totally posted a Simpsons picture ha ha ha. Ill have to post one with the tortoise soon :)

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
lynnedit said:
Do any of you Scotland lovers get Netflix? We just watched 'Stone Of Destiny' on instant play. True story about taking an old royal stone back from England (stolen in 1296, lol) to Scotland in 1950, a boost to Scottish pride.

Yeah I bet...but one could try :) and ill have to check that out on Netflix, there is a ton of controversy and mythology around lia fail...no one can honestly say which stones the real one anymore, there're arguments for about three. It would be cool to watch a movie about it

Grigor.Love.

5 Year Member
NY
RE: the new "what do you look like" thread

I'm Susan and I turned twenty yesterday.

Attachments

• image-3506841684.png
    image-3506841684.png
    105.8 KB · Views: 36
  • image-216284697.png
    image-216284697.png
    96.4 KB · Views: 22
  • image-3715711227.png
    image-3715711227.png
    117 KB · Views: 33
  • image-4067201031.png
    image-4067201031.png
    165.3 KB · Views: 26
  • image-4277803351.png
    image-4277803351.png
    146.3 KB · Views: 20
  • image-1587751311.png
    image-1587751311.png
    131.3 KB · Views: 33
  • image-2444844994.png
    image-2444844994.png
    171.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image-2538381775.png
    image-2538381775.png
    417.5 KB · Views: 24
  • image-3132379205.png
    image-3132379205.png
    111.9 KB · Views: 31
  • image-804748615.png
    image-804748615.png
    99.2 KB · Views: 24

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
ShadowRancher said:
lynnedit said:

Yeah I bet...but one could try :) and ill have to check that out on Netflix, there is a ton of controversy and mythology around lia fail...no one can honestly say which stones the real one anymore, there're arguments for about three. It would be cool to watch a movie about it

Huh! They SAID it was in Scotland now but had to be returned at the next Coronation. Typical, but it makes a good story!

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Ok, this is me in 2000
whome-Copy.jpg

this is me before and after cutting my hair after 20 years. These were taken in 2008
Picture190.jpg

Picture201.jpg

and these where taken with Cathie and a friend at Niagra Falls in October 2011
DSCN0155.jpg

DSCN0188.jpg

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
That Angi would be me. But thorse pix are about 4 or 5 years old. the little kid is my youngest son now 12 years old and 5'8". The older boy with my sister and I is now 17 and 6'5". There is a newer picture of me from my trip to Europe somewhere on this thread, but none of me with dark hair. I like to go redish brown in the fall and winter.

cemmons12

5 Year Member
Greenfield, In.
Angi said:
That Angi would be me. But thorse pix are about 4 or 5 years old. the little kid is my youngest son now 12 years old and 5'8". The older boy with my sister and I is now 17 and 6'5". There is a newer picture of me from my trip to Europe somewhere on this thread, but none of me with dark hair. I like to go redish brown in the fall and winter.

Yeah I figured it out finally. I didn't know if it was you or Angela (ascott). But then she told me where to find her pic at on the thread. Europe??? I never got my invite or tickets in the mail..... DARN IT!!! :)

cemmons12 said:
Angi said:

Yeah I figured it out finally. I didn't know if it was you or Angela (ascott). But then she told me where to find her pic at on the thread. Europe??? I never got my invite or tickets in the mail..... DARN IT!!! :)

Well, I am 40, and that may or may not be old to whoever u r. But there sure do seem to be a lot of younger people getting involved with torts. I'm glad they come here so they can find the right info they may need to help raise a happy, healthy tort, I'm happy I came here! Now show us your pics new members! :D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
bigred said:
Me at fishermans wharf with my wife
I don't see a wife in that picture

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
dmmj said:
bigred said:
Me at fishermans wharf with my wife
I don't see a wife in that picture

Ya I know she told me to post that picture. I was going to post one with her in it but she said that she liked this one. No shes not the boss:D