THE NUT HOUSE

Pastel Tortie

Location (City and/or State)
North Florida
romance is one big fairy tail I agree. Those who are lucky enough to that that “one” are very lucky.

and no needs for a Apologies. No offence taken.
I'm happy for those people who find the "one" and stop counting at one, but some of us need to count a little higher than that, before we even get close to getting it right. ;)

Pastel Tortie

North Florida
Wow nice routine.
Oh my it was funny watching my ex’s mother Feed her cats. It was just HILARIOUS.
she would get can meat out. And all the cats are meowing. Climbing up her leg. Jumping over worktops trying to get to one. Knocking tins off trying to get the meat.
Id cry with laughter every time.
That had to be the highlight of the ten years being apart of that family.
It was so stupid how she fed them but she was stubborn and wouldn’t listen. She would feed one cat. Then the next then the next. Instead of preparing all the cat meals in one go. But then she would wonder why the cats were going crazy at feeding time. ???
I'm too lazy to bluff or bother issuing ultimatums, and I think the Cat-mittee have realized that. So when I get exasperated and say, "Or I won't feed you!" they know I'm serious.

I've been known to stop making their breakfast and plop down in front of the TV when they wouldn't settle down and get out from underfoot when I told them to. Then one by one, they came over and quietly sat down near me, so whenever there was a good stopping point with whatever was on TV, I would get up and feed them.

I think I've only had to pull that twice. They're smart.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
I'm happy for those people who find the "one" and stop counting at one, but some of us need to count a little higher than that, before we even get close to getting it right. ;)
Oh I agree! I definitely did not get it right the first time!!! Came close to a 2nd but got wise... 3rd time was a charm for me... I have also learned that nothing is perfect And if your prepared for the imperfections and know that forever takes work... the maybe you can have it.. because starting over is not always better??? (But sometimes required!) That’s just my skewed version of logic... probably doesn’t apply to everyone but works for me... i can truly say that I’m happy with my life. On the good and the bad days..

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oh I agree! I definitely did not get it right the first time!!! Came close to a 2nd but got wise... 3rd time was a charm for me... I have also learned that nothing is perfect And if your prepared for the imperfections and know that forever takes work... the maybe you can have it.. because starting over is not always better??? (But sometimes required!) That’s just my skewed version of logic... probably doesn’t apply to everyone but works for me... i can truly say that I’m happy with my life. On the good and the bad days..
I am pretty happy with my life NOW as well, but I went thru hell a few times in order to have what I have. Also, I'm sure most people wouldn't say they are happy driving a 30 year old car but, you'd be amazed at the attention I get. So right there is #1 I own my own home, but most people probably wouldn't 'settle' for what I have.
So anyway, I didn't become reasonably happy until I was about 75 yrs old. So the good life won't come until almost too late sometimes.
So I found out at 4 am that I had left the sprinkler on in high mode. So I flooded the small tortoise (AB) pen, Bob's grave, Big Bubba's grave, Maks' grave, various turtle's graves, and made a river that went under my house and thru my ROS orchard to my new neighbor's 'natural' yard, and flooded her new fresh dirt and made mud. Oh lordy when she goes out to sit with morning coffee and a cigarette, she's gonna realize her fancy new table and chairs thing is oh god, she just bought this very fancy glass table and 4 chairs, and put it right by my fence only now it's smack in the middle of a mud hole now. So I quickly, well maybe not exactly quickly, I tried to wrap up the 100 ft hose that flooded her yard, and hid it in my shed. Couldn't flood her yard without a hose. Right?
Knobby eating grape leafs...with much appreciation
100_4179.JPG
he attacks
100_4175.JPG
violently ripping and shredding...
100_4169.JPG
what a sweet funny face...hey Lynn this one's for you100_4140.JPG

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I am pretty happy with my life NOW as well, but I went thru hell a few times in order to have what I have. Also, I'm sure most people wouldn't say they are happy driving a 30 year old car but, you'd be amazed at the attention I get. So right there is #1 I own my own home, but most people probably wouldn't 'settle' for what I have.
So anyway, I didn't become reasonably happy until I was about 75 yrs old. So the good life won't come until almost too late sometimes.
So I found out at 4 am that I had left the sprinkler on in high mode. So I flooded the small tortoise (AB) pen, Bob's grave, Big Bubba's grave, Maks' grave, various turtle's graves, and made a river that went under my house and thru my ROS orchard to my new neighbor's 'natural' yard, and flooded her new fresh dirt and made mud. Oh lordy when she goes out to sit with morning coffee and a cigarette, she's gonna realize her fancy new table and chairs thing is oh god, she just bought this very fancy glass table and 4 chairs, and put it right by my fence only now it's smack in the middle of a mud hole now. So I quickly, well maybe not exactly quickly, I tried to wrap up the 100 ft hose that flooded her yard, and hid it in my shed. Couldn't flood her yard without a hose. Right?
Knobby eating grape leafs...with much appreciation
View attachment 302225
he attacks
View attachment 302226
violently ripping and shredding...
View attachment 302227
what a sweet funny face...hey Lynn this one's for youView attachment 302228
What a beauty. ?

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
I love watching him rip those grape leaves to shreds. ?
I was horrified watching pumpkin shred her plants ?. I didn’t think she would so fast. She demolished and wrecked her enclosure. She’s now on a sulk that she has no plants till the new ones arrive hahahaha.
I’ve just added a small plant pot for her too. So she has a hide on warm side and one on damp side.
without the plants her enclosure look empty. Roll on my delivery

Mystic_Queen (Llaria)

England,
Mine do that too, I can’t put live plants in the enclosure otherwise they will be destroyed the first day. So I just stick to grass because they won’t eat that.
I have edible grass. But I don’t give it to her. She has Timothy hay in a plant pot on warm side. And another on damp side with moss in it. I’m still waiting for her new log

Last edited:

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Hello toddrick. Doing good thanks. Besides a sulking pumpkin lol.
how are you?
Alright I'm on my lunch break. We got a little break from the hot weather today. I think it's because of the hurricane that just past but it's actually nice out today.