The Osprey learning.......

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
We spent the w/e at Kerry's dealing with her plumbing issues, her lav strainers show mulch in her water lines! WTH?? Yup, heavy rains have altered her well....it will settle but a bag filter might be in order. The problem is this woody material under her faucet and diverter valve seats! Yikes...leaky city!

......but Sat evening, we were beat so we scootered down to the water so I could see how this years Osprey family was doing. We definitely noticed two heads above the nest while both parents were away.

Then we watched as the mom, a young female hunted.

I managed to get a diving sequence on film.... I posted it here, at our Hightail account; (just right click, open in new tab, then you can view or d/l it)

The mom dove nearly 30 times, without catching anything...........she must be very inexperienced as the creek is only 4-5ft deep and was boiling with dozens of minnow shoals separated by 10 yards or so.

That's tough way to earn a living......

Found a box turtle Saturday when returning from the stores.....she pulled in as I ran up on her but I had to "go" bad so I snapped a pic and put her on the other side of the road......before racing home! LOL

little girl.jpg

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Birmingham, Alabama
We spent the w/e at Kerry's dealing with her plumbing issues, her lav strainers show mulch in her water lines! WTH?? Yup, heavy rains have altered her well....it will settle but a bag filter might be in order. The problem is this woody material under her faucet and diverter valve seats! Yikes...leaky city!

......but Sat evening, we were beat so we scootered down to the water so I could see how this years Osprey family was doing. We definitely noticed two heads above the nest while both parents were away.

I managed to get a diving sequence on film.... I posted it here, at our Hightail account; (just right click, open in new tab, then you can view or d/l it)

The mom dove nearly 30 times, without catching anything...........she must be very inexperienced as the creek is only 4-5ft deep and was boiling with dozens of minnow shoals separated by 10 yards or so.

Found a box turtle Saturday when returning from the stores.....she pulled in as I ran up on her but I had to "go" bad so I snapped a pic and put her on the other side of the road......before racing home! LOL

View attachment 344785
I sure would like to see a Osprey, live, hunting like that. Got to be amazing!