The shell

Status
Not open for further replies.

byles01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio
Ok question, let me give u a quick background on Merlin , my 4 year old sulcata . Merlin was a rescue for me when he was just about 4 months old, he was a normal weight and growing eating well, but she'll wasn't perfect, not horrible but need some attention I guess, and with a few adjustments in his diet and vitimins , the pyrimiding stopped for the most part, but even as a little runt Merlin has had 2 marks on his shell, they don't feel any different, the shell isn't low or high in the area, but it's just a different color, not quite as shiny, now over the last year Merlin has developed some small marble spots which I think is completle awsome, but not sure what to make of these 2 spots, so take a look and tell me what ya think, btw, Merlin's environment and eating hsbbits are spot on, I'm a more experienced keeper :)ImageUploadedByTortForum1369170714.315726.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1369170745.998699.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

theelectraco

5 Year Member
Look like some type of burn or scar to me. I have no idea tho. They do *appear* to be sunken in as if it was some type of damage? We're they there as a baby?

EllieN

5 Year Member
SF Bay Area
To me it looks like some kind of damage that happened before you got him. I don't have enough experience to know what kind of damage.

byles01

5 Year Member
Ohio
Not sunken at all , I can't feel a difference in the shell at all, and yea it's been there since he was a baby, but much smaller, they have grown with him

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
Looks like a shell abrasion. Did he scrape his shell up against anything rough, such as bricks, stone, or concrete?

byles01

5 Year Member
Ohio
Not in the time I have had him, now as a little guy, when he was kept in an enclosure he had a log he played in and on, but not sure if it woulda done that or not

Status
Not open for further replies.