There is something relaxing

Status
Not open for further replies.

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Nottingham, U.K
about having a tortoise on your lap.

So after a sleepless night and my brain in a complete mess (Read my thread in the other pets section) this morning I decided to get Squirt out for a cuddle.

Now she's sat on my lap poking her little head out and pondering exploring my bed! (Yes we are sat on my big double bed)

I finally feel all relaxed after a restless night and frantic day. I feel I can go down to the yard and see the horses and be strong for Jimbo.

Oh the power of a tortoise. :)

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
Yep, don't know what it is. I like just sitting in the yard and watching them. Good luck with Jimbo!

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Thank you Everyone :)

lynnedit - Yep. Watching them is just great too :) I was watching Squirt explore her cage today. So relaxing.

LaTortue

5 Year Member
Borex, Switzerland
What's relaxing is that typically the Tortoises themselves are so relaxed and their pacing in life is so wonderful. Their eyes and awareness and how they go by their daily lifes is cute and refreshing in the sense that you yourself become relaxed because there is no worry or rush. Step by Step.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I lose track of time, just sitting and watch them sometimes. :D

stephiiberrybean

5 Year Member
Nottingham, U.K
Jacqui said:
I lose track of time, just sitting and watch them sometimes. :D

Tell me about it. I just sat there for about 20 minutes watching Squirt eat and wander around her enclosure. :)
Could have sat there a hell of a lot longer but she eventually got fed up and went into her hide - she's still not 100% confident about other people. I can stroke her head and she is fine with me being around but anyone is still quite scary. She's slowly getting use to my OH, Mum and Dad.

Status
Not open for further replies.