Thermometers/ humidity meter

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
This is a good way to keep up with humidity and temperatures . This meter reads daily highs and lows of humidity and the temperature. I have one of these in every enclosure I have . You can get them from The Home Depot for $10.00 . This meter goes inside the enclosure. It has a clip on the back so you can clip it to something. It has a stand so you can stand it up somewhere out of the way . Very awesome little meter for a good price. Hope that helps some of you guys/ girls out .

Attachments

• 1381873608598.jpg
    1381873608598.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 112

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Thanks for posting that. We've bad lots of people needing to know what to buy, because the ones they are using doesn't seem to be accurate, or they just need to get one.
Mine was a lot more 84.00 as it's a remote one. I place one unit in the enclosure and can read it from the base unit that's in my house, wirelessly. It reads outside temps too, low and high alarm and the average lows and highs for the last highest and lowest. Had to order it on line. Nice to know of a good one that most can get locally and cheap.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
I also have the remote ones in my outdoor enclosures . These are so cheap and are great little meters . I never trust one meter so I hang one of these by the remote sensor outside so i can make sure all it ok in the tortoise house .

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Haha, I have an extra one hanging in the tort shed that I can read from the security camera. No, we aren't paranoid at all:p :D

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Yep thats my next project. Installation of cameras . My buddy installs them so i got the home boy shopping network going . He needs some power ran in his garage and I need cameras in my tort house .

TommyZ

5 Year Member
Yep, i got a similar one on amazon, also 10$. See any difference between the puck and the digital one? Lol

Attachments

• 1381877998847.jpg
    1381877998847.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 63

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
TommyZ said:
Yep, i got a similar one on amazon, also 10$. See any difference between the puck and the digital one? Lol

Ha, great pic. That's a good visual of why those puck like ones are a waist of moola:D. and dangerous for the torties or other reps.

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Yup, I've got the exact one from Home Depot I love it. Now, my torts just have to deal with me coming in at night with a flashlight checking it [FACE SAVOURING DELICIOUS FOOD]

LisaTurtle

5 Year Member
Seattle
Thanks for posting this!! I will be going to Home Depot for it this week! I've been using the Petco puck ones and knew I needed to get something better - I kept planning to look online but just hadn't done it yet. This makes it easier cuz I know what to get now and I can get it asap. Thanks!!