These darn tortoises!

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Portland, OR
I’m just gonna vent for a moment because I know you guys can relate to this frustration. We had 5 warm sunny days here in the Pacific Northwest and my 2 Russians got to be outside in their outdoor enclosures, basking, roaming, grazing and causing mischief all day. Now it is raining and they can’t go out and they are on hunger strike. It’s the 3rd day of this hunger strike and I’m over it. Why do tortoises have to be so stubborn?! Sigh. Thanks for listening.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
I’m just gonna vent for a moment because I know you guys can relate to this frustration. We had 5 warm sunny days here in the Pacific Northwest and my 2 Russians got to be outside in their outdoor enclosures, basking, roaming, grazing and causing mischief all day. Now it is raining and they can’t go out and they are on hunger strike. It’s the 3rd day of this hunger strike and I’m over it. Why do tortoises have to be so stubborn?! Sigh. Thanks for listening.
I think it’s in their job description...;):)

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I have Sulcata in Corvallis...they are mad, banging the walls of the tort shed, pooping in the water dish, and last week they were happily grazing away...

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I have Sulcata in Corvallis...they are mad, banging the walls of the tort shed, pooping in the water dish, and last week they were happily grazing away...
Ah ok, so my torts aren’t the only ones protesting the bad weather. Nice to know I’m not alone. Thanks Maggie.