this egg looks fertile

Status
Not open for further replies.

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jersey C.I.
hi just managed to catch this little girl peeping out at me so did a short vid of the hatching .just click on the last picture to watch video.
terry
15809010Small.jpg

16809005Small.jpg

16809010Small.jpg

16809013Small.jpg

Candy

10 Year Member!
Alhambra, CA
Thank you so much for posting a video of this I have never seen a tortoise come out of it's shell before. How special that is I have to show it to my kids now. Thanks again she is adorable. :)

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
My what a sweetheart. She is adorable. I will watch the vid when I get home tonight this antiquated computer would take 2 hours to just process the vid. :(

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
thank you for looking i do apologise for the shortness of it and the poor quality but you are very welcome to watch it .she is now in the hatchling table with my hatchlings from about a month ago.these are hermanni boettgeri and i have been hatching them for about 20 years .
terry

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow thank you for sharing!! I was smiling the entire time I watched the video ;)
Great pictures too!

M

Maggie Cummings

That is such a treat, thank you so much for posting that for us...What a beautiful baby...

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
I'll add my name to the Thank you for posting, I never saw a baby born. How cool!!Now she looked crooked, Is it from the shape of the shell and be like my son would was nicknamed cone head for the first few days? Or maybe it was just the video.
thanks Na

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Wonderful pictures! Something about watching them hatch is always such a miracle.

Stazz

5 Year Member
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Wooooow that is SO amazing !!!! Terry thanks sooo much for sharing that video with us, how beautiful. What a little cutie pie !!!

terrypin

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Jersey C.I.
Nay said:
I'll add my name to the Thank you for posting, I never saw a baby born. How cool!!Now she looked crooked, Is it from the shape of the shell and be like my son would was nicknamed cone head for the first few days? Or maybe it was just the video.
thanks Na

hi thanks for looking,yes it is still the shape of the egg when they first hatch and sort of unroll over the next day or so .the little one is very active at the moment and typical hermans ,fearless and a climber.
terry

treshell

5 Year Member
Makes you understand why Darwin decide there was a God in his later life. Like Him I can't watch this without wonder. Knowing I alone couldn't dream up this tiny creature. Thank you for sharing.
tj

Status
Not open for further replies.