Thought I shall introduce myself!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trootle

5 Year Member
Hello :)

Thought I would introduce my self! I'm Jack and I am 14 :) I have been keeping reptiles for nearly 6 years now, I got my first snake when I was 8 a corn snake x rat, then various stick insects etc! I know own 2 snakes (rat x corn) and a stunning striped California king snake, 15 soon to be 30+ tarantulas, scorpions, praying mantids, snails, stick insects and the like. And also I own 2 adult hours field tortoises which I love! I'm also on Reptile forums uk as Trootle to :)

My mum brought the horse field tortoises about 2 months ago for me off a close family friend.

They had never had the correct care, only a UV and heat mat for a few hours a day, she had them for 6 years as she got them when I got my first snake. But that's the care she was told when she first got them from the pet shop. We always used to look after them when she went away which was always fun but they are now officially mine lol

Since they have had the correct lighting and heat they have been, well, different tortoises! They eat like troopers, are active and with treatment the females eye infection is finally nearly all cleared up :)

The male, now they have got the optimal temp in there set up and basking spot is a sexual pest so I had to split them up, which is now working out better as she is no longer harrassed :)

Will try and get some pics up soon, and they also has pyramiding but have supplements with there food to hopefully stop further pyramiding!

Cheers :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Hi Jack:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

We're glad to have you here with us. May we know where in the world you are?

We have another young member who is very active here on the forum, Tyler0912. He just turned 14 and lives in Blackburn, UK.

Trootle

5 Year Member
ello :)

Good to be here lol And I am in England :)

Sorry if this thread apears 3 times, my iPad had a break down :/
emysemys said:
Hi Jack:

Welcome to the Tortoise forum!!

We're glad to have you here with us. May we know where in the world you are?

We have another young member who is very active here on the forum, Tyler0912. He just turned 14 and lives in Blackburn, UK.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
No, your Ipad is just fine. We hold new members' posts for a few minutes so we can be sure you're not a spammer.

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hello Jack and welcome.

It sounds like you are doing a great job! Your animals are lucky to have you :)

These tortoises are life long projects... we've had Joe over 40 years now - since my husband's 7th birthday... enjoy!

Trootle

5 Year Member
emysemys said:
No, your Ipad is just fine. We hold new members' posts for a few minutes so we can be sure you're not a spammer.
Ohh! Thats why it didn't appear, thats actually very clever!
JoesMum said:
Hello Jack and welcome.

It sounds like you are doing a great job! Your animals are lucky to have you :)

These tortoises are life long projects... we've had Joe over 40 years now - since my husband's 7th birthday... enjoy!

Yup, and I can't wait to still have them in years to come, for my kids etc to enjoy :)

Status
Not open for further replies.