Thoughts on this enclosure for my red foot

Bowserthetord

Location (City and/or State)
New Hampshire
Wondering if this might be a nice upgrade for my red foot as he is getting bigger. This has the 3 floors and seems to have good reviews. I have a similar one (more basic 1 floor-pic 2) for my Russian and she does great in it. Debating on just getting my red foot the same one or this more fancy one. Thoughts?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240129_063450_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_063450_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    190.7 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_20240129_064213_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20240129_064213_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    248.6 KB · Views: 3

Pák

Esztergom
I think these are way too small for a redfoot, and are uncapable for holding the humidity well. ./

Reactions: Tom

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello!
These two options arent't well suited for redfoots. It's hard to keep humidity high enough and provide consistent temperature. Also redfoots grow much larger than Russians and "won't fit" nicely in these.

More future-proof option is a PVC enclosure, however I haven't seen properly sized (and sane priced) ones in UK.

Portable greenhouses or large hydroponic tents might work better. Adult redfoots need something close to 64 sq.ft indoor enclosures (two-level is possible, but should be spacious enough anyway).

Bowserthetord

New Hampshire
Hello!
These two options arent't well suited for redfoots. It's hard to keep humidity high enough and provide consistent temperature. Also redfoots grow much larger than Russians and "won't fit" nicely in these.

More future-proof option is a PVC enclosure, however I haven't seen properly sized (and sane priced) ones in UK.

Portable greenhouses or large hydroponic tents might work better. Adult redfoots need something close to 64 sq.ft indoor enclosures (two-level is possible, but should be spacious enough anyway).
Yes the humidity was definitely a concern I had for this. He is just about 2 years old now so trying to give him the room he needs as he's growing and awake more to romp around. Ok I'll look into the PVC/greenhouse options, thank you I appreciate it!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Hi and welcome...This is Logan he just turned 3...he lives in a room in my home in a small greenhouse installed over a wooden 6'x2.5' tortoise table..DSCN1340.JPG
I realize the carpet is ruined, but I had no clue that this greenhouse created so much humidity, it ran out onto the floor...but pool noodles (the pink thing) collect the water now...
DSCN1708.JPGPVC pipe type stuff is the skeleton...DSCN0957.JPG.The humidity runs between 85% and 95% without any trouble...there's a che at one end and a chick brooder panel at the other. See the humidity...
DSCN1241.JPG
Logan is very active and spends his day tearing apart all the rocks and decorations I put in there...this is the brooder panel...DSCN1711.JPG
I put exotic plants and other stuff to keep him entertained as he is very active...DSCN1710.JPGplz continue to ask questions...you will get the correct answers here...DSCN1713.JPG

Bowserthetord

New Hampshire
Hi and welcome...This is Logan he just turned 3...he lives in a room in my home in a small greenhouse installed over a wooden 6'x2.5' tortoise table..View attachment 365918
I realize the carpet is ruined, but I had no clue that this greenhouse created so much humidity, it ran out onto the floor...but pool noodles (the pink thing) collect the water now...
View attachment 365919PVC pipe type stuff is the skeleton...View attachment 365920.The humidity runs between 85% and 95% without any trouble...there's a che at one end and a chick brooder panel at the other. See the humidity...
View attachment 365921
Logan is very active and spends his day tearing apart all the rocks and decorations I put in there...this is the brooder panel...View attachment 365922
I put exotic plants and other stuff to keep him entertained as he is very active...View attachment 365923plz continue to ask questions...you will get the correct answers here...View attachment 365924
This is great thanks for the ideas!