Timid tortoise problem

Ciondrako

Location (City and/or State)
Los Angeles, California
I originally got paco from A couple who were going through a harsh breakup, now one knows how long it been without him eating, I don’t even know his original name or sex, my father was buying me a tortoise since he thought I really needed a little buddy, so he went on offer up looking for a temporary tank for him. He saw a set for about 100 dollars and he bought it thinking it was a wonderful deal (which it was), not knowing that a tortoise came with it. I had paco for six months now and I noticed a large difference in behavior, the first two weeks we got him he was really shy and would not come out of his shell often, but he started to warm up very well. But about another two weeks later he began to become timid and angry for every little thing, he would refuse to eat and he hates being touched all of a sudden. He would bite my toes and even head butt me. His personality has Completely changed and he even just seems so plain now. I lost that Loving tortoise that I used to have. I just want some Advice since I only had him for six months. Any bonding tips and things that can make your tortoise warm up to you will help me since I’m really worried about him. He is a sulcata by the way if that helps :c . He is about the size of one year old tort

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
They grow at different rates, so telling us he's the size of a one year old doesn't tell us his size. What size is he? Where is he living and how are you housing him? What do you feed him? How do you know its a him? Do you know the age?

These answers will help to answer your original question?

Maro2Bear

10 Year Member!
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Greetings. Some pictures of the enclosure where you keep Paco will really help. Lots of things how a tortoise behaves. Housing, heating, light, food. Carrying around alot, etc. pix of indoor & outdoor arrangements will help us help u.