tinypic or photobucket ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have the old emachine ready to try and set up an account, or whatever I need to post better pics. on this computer if I go to photobucket it goes to tinypic automatically which is a mobile page and I don't have a mobile device and the internal email (which i cant disable or repair) wont let me go any farther, so when I go to set it up on the other computer where should I start? I have read and printed the old threads on TFO starting at 2-28-08-- I dont want to screw this up... as you may be able to tell I am not real good doing things like this. Any help would be appreciated, Len

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think tinypic and photobucket are related in any way. Must be something in your computer's memory.

I just type in "photobucket.com/" in the web address space on my GOOGLE home page and it takes me to photobucket.

Or, likewise, type in "tinypic.com/" and it will take you to tinypic. My sister likes tinypic and I prefer photobucket.

Once you get to where you want to be, just follow their directions on how to set up an account.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
I had that problem happen to me twice before, not sure what I did but is was a issue with my internet browser and not photobucket..

Len B

10 Year Member!
I know the problems are with this computer, I don't use new computers any more this one (dell xp) and the emachine(xp professional) cost $10.00 each. This one works fine for what I do most with a computer, because it has almost 400 gb of memory and came with online armor so I don't have to worry to much about viruses, but sometimes it has a mind of it's own. Later I will try to do tinypic on the emachine,which I have cleaned up, updated and added anti-virus software to,(Defender Pro 2011)- ( i have more invested in anti-virus software than the computers) but I am still not sure how to get the pics and add text form tinypic or photobucket to TFO . Len

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I don't know if I am understanding your problem correctly, but tinypic has links specifically for forum posting if that helps.

Len B

10 Year Member!
I have a photobucket account, but don't see an option for putting a pic on a forum, the only options I see are face book, twitter, my space, and messenger. Oh well I tried. Len

Zouave

5 Year Member
Toronto
In Photobucket:

Hover your cursor over the pic you want to post and you will see a box appear with 3 or 4 code types. You want "IMG code" click that code (it should automatically copy to your clipboard) and then paste that link in a thread.

You can also click the pic you want to post and you will get lots of options.

easy peasy

Status
Not open for further replies.