TNT

Status
Not open for further replies.

sammi

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego, CA
So thinking back to when I bought my TNT, it's been about a year now, and I remember reading (either on CarolinaPetSupply.com or on the product sheet it shipped with) that TNT supposedly expires in 1 year. Now I have kept it in a dark, cool, closet, and have quite a bit leftover, I would guess that it has stayed good. But I'm curious as to how many of you have kept it, or keep it longer than 1 year? Or would you recommend getting some new stuff? It looks the same as it always did, and doesn't smell funky, and there's no bugs making their homes in it.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't think you have to worry about it. Its just ground up plant material. If you've stored it so it couldn't get wet I think it will be ok to use it.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
I have been using mine for a couple years now...stored in a tupperware in the dark at room temp...I think it may have some diminished nutrition (maybe not)...but I doubt it would get dangerous before it smelled or looked bad, and that would take a really long time.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I keep using mine until it's all gone.

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Washington
My tort likes it and I'm happy with the all-natural ingredients. Its all anecdotal evidence though...no study as far as I know comparing health of torts who have it vs. don't. I don't think by any means its necessary, but it certainly doesn't hurt. Haven't seen anything else like it on the market. Its a feel-good product though--makes us feel like we're giving our tort a healthy diet. I personally don't feed any commercial supplement as I think there is a risk of over-dosing (only pure calcium). I don't have any fears with the TNT since its just ground up natural stuff.

M

Maggie Cummings

I've been using TNT for about 4 years now. My tortoises seem healthy enough, but I haven't done any studies to see if it's good for them:shy:, but like I said they all seem healthy. I do supplement with powdered calcium w/D3 about 3 times a week and if I get one in who feels soft to me I add liquid calcium. But I would say that TNT is a good product and it doesn't go bad...:)

Status
Not open for further replies.