To be blunt - Poop!

ditzyangeluk

Location (City and/or State)
Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
How often does/should a Hermann tortoise poop? I can't find any, either inside or outside enclosure and he doesn't go when being bathed. Is it just 'settling in' or what? :?:

Sparky is 18 months old, fed once a day, goes outside, very active and bathes daily. He pooped Saturday, when I got him, and can't find anything since????

Abdulla6169

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Dubai/New York
It might be the stress of the move, moving can be very stressful. If you feel like he's constipated feed wet foods like watermelon, cucumber, aloe, cactus, etc. Also try at least a long soak a day in warm water. Good luck!

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
I agree. Any kind of change can be stressful for torts. But, keep in mind that torts have real slow digestive systems, and sometimes it takes a week for something he ate to come out...sometimes even longer. Keep us posted on his poop issues :)

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
It took mine 3 weeks to poop. 3 weeks!! Well, that I saw at least. :/ good luck!

Ashes

5 Year Member
Iowa
Mine doesn't poop every day, but does on a regular basis. Sometimes twice in one day. :) they're all different.

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
My guys poop every other day, but also depends on what they eat. Make sure the temperature in this habitat is adequate, as it affects rate of digestion. You can also try giving him a bigger are to explore. Exercise always helps move things along. Good luck!

May, Aussies, & THBs
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

muu

My boy will only poop when he's out of his house! No way is he making a mess in there

ditzyangeluk

Sudbury, Suffolk, UK
I think Parky does it to stress me out, like everything else. Yesterday, he went to sleep and did get up till this morning - approx 20 hours out of it! But today, did a big poop so he's forgiven ha!

Teresatort

5 Year Member
Nugget will not poop in his indoor house. He has 2 outdoor homes. One is the poopie house. lol

Smartie123

Ok after reading these posts I'm a bit concerned as donny poops all the time! Every day and a few times a day. Could this be a problem with his diet? His staple is rocket and pack choi but he loves blueberrys which I give him most days as a treatImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1411749129.057614.jpg