To chop or not to chop

Via Infinito

Location (City and/or State)
Viet Nam
I chop, but for a different reason.
I chop and mix lots of grasses, weeds and plants together in a bundle so Titan can't be picky

So now he eats everything. Mazuri, pellets, calcium dusts, multi-vitatmins, kale, watercress, grasses, moringa, hibiscus leaves etc etc

He trims his beak on the grass outside during the day

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
So I'm a total newbie and have been wondering about this too. What I've observered is that my RT Diego gets a perfect mouth sized bite when he eats something that is growing out of the ground because the leaf is attached and when he bites and tears away he makes a cute v shaped hole but if I give him an unattached whole leaf he kinda keeps gulping it and sometimes eats a whole leaf or he'll try to use his foot to hold down the leaf and tear but that's not always effective. It's a little hard to watch! I've started chopping the stuff that I give him for this reason... well unless I hold the leaf while he eats. I do that sometimes because it's fun for me... not too often or next he'll want me to feed him with a silver spoon!

Chasen

Galveston
Thanx for all the replies.. I think in the beginning for me to be sure there is variety consumed, I should chop. It makes it easier for me to introduce the mazuri also. I've been soaking it and mixing in the chopped greens.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Thanx for all the replies.. I think in the beginning for me to be sure there is variety consumed, I should chop. It makes it easier for me to introduce the mazuri also. I've been soaking it and mixing in the chopped greens.
I see you are from Galveston. I would love to go there - such a history, and of course that famous song, best rendered by Glen Campbell. Love it.

Via Infinito

Viet Nam
Titan absolutely avoided mazuri at first.
He still refussed the LS version, but he's hungry for the nugget version now
I put all the cut veggies together, then soaked the mazuri wet and soft, then mixed it in so it got stuck everywhere on the leaves
Titan had no choice but to eventually ate some of it.
Now he's used to it he will actively search for mazuri to eat.