TOMMY TORTOISE.

mel141

Location (City and/or State)
Worksop
Tommy is a 2 year old Leopard Tortoise. Does this bumb on his or her head look OK?

mel141

Worksop
I'm useless at this stuff 🙄

Attachments

• 20230224_075321.jpg
    20230224_075321.jpg
    715.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230224_075311.jpg
    20230224_075311.jpg
    743.9 KB · Views: 2
  • 20230224_075306.jpg
    20230224_075306.jpg
    617.2 KB · Views: 2

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I'm useless at this stuff 🙄
Is it hard to the touch? Is it 1 bump that has a crack? If so is there any drainage from the crack? My sully had a bump in the same spot but just on the right side. It was hard and coloration was the same as the rest of his head. I kept a eye on it and finally as he grew. It all evened out.

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
I was looking at other leopards and they all have the 2 bumps there. Just not as pronounced, can you get a pic so we can see his nostrils? It could give a reference to where the bump is and if it's normal. I am probably over thinking this. One of the more knowledgeable members will hopefully chime in soon. I have been up all night and I am just rambling now. 🤪
@Tom @Yvonne G @KarenSoCal

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Yes the two "bumps" are normal. However they usually are not sticking that far out. I don't think it's anything to worry about.
@Tom can confirm.

mel141

Worksop
Is it hard to the touch? Is it 1 bump that has a crack? If so is there any drainage from the crack? My ully had a bump in the same spot but just on the right side. It was hard and coloration was the same as the rest of his head. I kept a eye on it and finally as he grew. It all evened out.
Yes it's hard . Nothing at all coming out of it.16773245971318489388789566935021.jpg16773245971318489388789566935021.jpg

I was looking at other leopards and they all have the 2 bumps there. Just not as pronounced, can you get a pic so we can see his nostrils? It could give a reference to where the bump is and if it's normal. I am probably over thinking this. One of the more knowledgeable members will hopefully chime in soon. I have been up all night and I am just rambling now. 🤪
@Tom @Yvonne G @KarenSoCal
Thank you for the feedback 😊

mel141

Worksop
Here he is ,not looking too happy because I just woke him from his nap 😆

Ray--Opo

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Palm Bay Fl
Looks ok to me. I think Tommy's nose decided to grow faster than his head.😁
We will see what Tom or Wellington think.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It does look a little swollen. More so than normal. Could be an access under there.

Do you have a cat?

If it were my tortoise, I would just keep an eye on it and look for any other bad signs like lethargy or lack of appetite. Be sure temperatures are warm to help the immune system function well. Keep up hydration.

mel141

Worksop
It does look a little swollen. More so than normal. Could be an access under there.

Do you have a cat?

If it were my tortoise, I would just keep an eye on it and look for any other bad signs like lethargy or lack of appetite. Be sure temperatures are warm to help the immune system function well. Keep up hydration.
Thanks everyone for your advice. Hopefully like Ray..Opo says he's just got a big nose 😄. I haven't got a cat Tom , we're you thinking maybe a scratch? I will definitely keep my eye on it , he/she seems quite healthy, a very good appetite and is soaked most mornings. Thanks again, its good to know I can ask for advice when needed.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I don't see anything to worry about. The two so called bumps are normal with the slit dividing it. Only different is the size of your torts bumps.
I agree with Tom as far as just keeping an eye on it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
...we're you thinking maybe a scratch?...
Yes. Cats like to "bap" at things with their front paws, and if the tip of one of those claws found its way in-between two of those scutes, it could easily lead to a nasty infection. Cat scratches and bites are serious. Bites often lead to septicemia. Scratches can lead to "cat scratch fever".

Glad we can eliminate that possibility for Tommy.