Too hot or manageable for a Leopard Tortoise?

SlowPokeLeo

Hello everybody, excuse me if this has been ready covered but I can't seem to find any other threads with my question. Anyways I live in Las Vegas and we have pretty harsh Summers and Winter with Highs of 110°F-115°F (avg 107°F) lows of 30°F-40°F (avg 48°F) I have a large area up to roughly 600sq ft outside with shaded and sunny areas, also I do have a 12×8 room I could use for the extreme weather days if recommended. Reason I was leaning towards a Leopard is mostly due to size and how much easier it would be to transport to a Vet or whatever need be. Ive been taking care of reptiles for 15 years now am buying a home that I could responsibly house a tortoise and am planning to take quite some time to get everything set up right.Thanks in advance!!!!

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hi
I live in Phx. AZ ! And I have 23 leopards of varied ages I keep them in 3 groups of varied ages and they do great in the heat .
ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1489733331.955557.jpg

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Phx definitely has some harsh weather this is good to hear they are doing great! For keeping cool would a Shelter in a shaded area be best?
I have a large plot of aloe plants maybe 4x4 and I water it every day and mine go in there and hide . It keeps the humity high and it gives them a hiding spot as well . But heated shelter for the winter is important .