Toretto

EllieMay

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
East Texas
IMG_0540.jpgIMG_0544.jpg

My son is 5 and he is so full of knowledge and responsibility for our 3 sullies . It’s amazing. He scoops lots of poop and checks soak water often to make sure it doesn’t get too cold. He also helped me plant winter grass and we cut it together and harvest dandelion leaves...I’m very proud of him. I love that his first pets will stay with him for life. He has that kind of love in his heart so it’s a perfect match!

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
View attachment 262541View attachment 262542

My son is 5 and he is so full of knowledge and responsibility for our 3 sullies . It’s amazing. He scoops lots of poop and checks soak water often to make sure it doesn’t get too cold. He also helped me plant winter grass and we cut it together and harvest dandelion leaves...I’m very proud of him. I love that his first pets will stay with him for life. He has that kind of love in his heart so it’s a perfect match!
I am so glad that he has bonded with them. At least you won't have to worry about who will look after them once you are gone. [emoji3]

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
In September, Toretto weighed 4-1/2lbs... Today, he weighs 11lbs12.4oz.. that’s a gain of over 7lbs in less than 5 months... it started slow and increases every week. It’s 2lbs this last month alone! STAGGERING:)

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
In September, Toretto weighed 4-1/2lbs... Today, he weighs 11lbs12.4oz.. that’s a gain of over 7lbs in less than 5 months... it started slow and increases every week. It’s 2lbs this last month alone! STAGGERING:)
And I thought Murphys 650 grams in a year was a lot! Toretto looks great, good job!

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
And I thought Murphys 650 grams in a year was a lot! Toretto looks great, good job!

It has definitely been a shocker for me! LOL... I mean you hear, you read.... but I don’t think you REALLY understand until you see it.. “Little” Pickles is the true shocker.. he has been really putting it on too. He was the size of a fifty cent price last year and yesterday he was almost 548g.. it’s just Crazy! I know your seeing some of it with Marge too..

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
It has definitely been a shocker for me! LOL... I mean you hear, you read.... but I don’t think you REALLY understand until you see it.. “Little” Pickles is the true shocker.. he has been really putting it on too. He was the size of a fifty cent price last year and yesterday he was almost 548g.. it’s just Crazy! I know your seeing some of it with Marge too..
Oh ya I am. She has already doubled in size in less than a month. It is baffling to watch. I'm already thinking I might need to start working on a bigger enclosure real soon.

EllieMay

5 Year Member
East Texas
Toretto is doing so well. In fact all your torts are looking really good.

Thanks Carol! Adopting him changed my life . Honestly had not realized how involved and attached you become. I have truly enjoyed building fences and landscaping, and gardening with him as a motivator... and that was a chore that I was never successful with before. Now my property is benefiting too:)