Torpedo’s growth

Djkitten76

Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
image.jpg image.jpg
That's a nice size enclosure. Once you get it covered, you'll need to wet down that substrate, but make sure it is warm enough all over the enclosure before you do so. With such a large enclosure, one CHE won't be enough. If you can't provide more heat, maybe you can block off part of the enclosure at night so he stays in the warm part. You could look into getting a radiant heat panel as it is something you can use later when he is older and moved outdoors.
Thank you for those answers, could you send a name of a specific one or how many watts?
Here are some pictures of Torpedo
Also, why do the images show up at the top even though I insert them at the bottom as full images?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I've only ever used 100 watt lights/CHE.

View attachment 264563 View attachment 264564
Thank you for those answers, could you send a name of a specific one or how many watts?
Also, why do the images show up at the top even though I insert them at the bottom as full images?

You have to make sure that your cursor is flashing at the bottom of your words. When you click on "full image" the picture appears wherever your cursor is flashing.

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
View attachment 264563 View attachment 264564
http://www.reptilebasics.com/rbi-radiant-heat-panels I have the 80 watt. I'm using it outdoors in 3 x 4 foot enclosure.

FYI, that cardboard hide won't last once you get the humidity up where it should be.

Djkitten76

Arizona
Ok here is a picture from outside. It’s a small weed that grows along the ground.
IMG_4032.jpg

Djkitten76

Arizona
Hi! It’s been very long since the last update but he is still growing fast and is bigger. Also, can he eat parts of an Italian Cypress Tree? I couldn’t find any info on that on the tortoise table. Oh, I almost forgot but he turned 1 year old about a month ago.
image.jpg

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
Hi! It’s been very long since the last update but he is still growing fast and is bigger. Also, can he eat parts of an Italian Cypress Tree? I couldn’t find any info on that on the tortoise table. Oh, I almost forgot but he turned 1 year old about a month ago.
View attachment 274691
Glad to hear he’s doing well.

And it’s no to the Italian Cypress. It shouldn’t be fed to your tortoise