tort table to donate located in Orlando

Status
Not open for further replies.

sherrimarie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hey everyone,

I have a very nice tort table that I am looking to donate. I had this table custom built when I had my sulcata that I adopted and nursed back to health. He is fine now, on to greener pastures, and am looking to donate this table to a rescue or rehab facility or really anyone that helps tortoises that can use it. I have called and emailed rescue and rehab facilities (in Orlando, FL area) all day today and have found no one interested or willing to pick up the table (isn't that a shame). Before I tear it down and put it out to the trash, I thought I would try this one last appeal. Does anyone know of any facility that cares for tortoises that can use this? Please reply to this thread. Thanks for any suggestions!

Shawn and Dianne

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland, FL
If you are interested in selling it, I have a yearling sulcata that would like a new and improved home. Do you have dimensions or a picture? I could pick it up from you in Orlando. You can message me with the info,
Thanks!
Shawn and Dianne

sherrimarie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hi Shawn and Dianne, yes, interested in selling it to you. Dimensions are: 8ft length, 3ft wide and 4ft high. It does come apart in two pieces. Bottom part has wheels for easy moving. Made of solid birchwood. has plexiglass front for sulcata to look out and see you! Will include heatlamp with bulb at no cost. Liner will need to be replaced - I used a scrap piece of floor vinyl. Not sure how to post picture but if you go to google and type in "tortoise table by Vicki Hale", I had she design copied - looks very similar. Updated my profile so you can email me. Let me know, thanks, sherri

sherrimarie

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
He had a broken jaw and couldn't eat - I fed him baby food with an eye dropper until his mouth healed enough that he could eat normally again. He didn't have proper lighting so his shell was alittle deformed, and he was a bit dehydrated from not being soaked enough. He was under the care of vet while I had him. He was treated for parasites only as a precaution. I don't think you will need to clean the table with bleach; however the inner (made of a scrap sheet of floor vinyl) will need to be replaced.

Status
Not open for further replies.