Tort Tables at World Market?

Status
Not open for further replies.

russian

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
World Market announced some store closing earlier in the year, and all 3 of the ones in omaha are closing for good. Went shopping there today and my friends goes " your tortoises would look cute in this". She was pointing to a wooden box in the fixtures section. It did look like a mini tort table. they were 1 for $7.50 and 2 for $10 so I took two. Does anyone see any reason why I wouldnt be able to use these as for the tortoises? I would say the real estate is a little bigger than a 20L aquarium. Employee says they were meant to display goods indoors, so wood was probably not treated. Was thinking of put my 9 months old sulcatas in there so the sides are high enough. Currently using a concrete mixing tub but figured these are more presentable to visitiors.

Attachments

• tort table.jpg
    tort table.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 136

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Looks like it would make a great tort table. I would just line it with a sheet of plastic. I think most "lumber" has been cured or dried, so I doubt there would be any pungent, harmful oils in it.

Yvonne

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
What a great find. I was going to suggest the laminate flooring squares, to water proof your new tables.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Those should make great tables. I love shopping for tort tables at stores going out of business you can get some great finds there. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.