tortiose names?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cberg45

5 Year Member
im planning on picking up a sulcata tort and im thinking of some names and would like some input from you guys aswell. im all for the names from cartoons like franklin bowser squritle etc i really want to keep it in that general discussion.so if you guys have any names that you think of please post and let me know.

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Louisiana, USA
Fillmore is the sea turtle in the comic strip "Sherman's Lagoon." And of course there's Yertle the Turtle of Dr. Seuss fame.

There's a comic strip called " Over the Hedge" with a turtle named Verne.

cberg45

5 Year Member
i think im going to go with hulk lol cause its my favorite superhero but though it doesnt have anything to do with a tort lol

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Arizona
Good name...it's what you like that counts:) what if hulk goes female on you lol:)

krb1093

5 Year Member
Gun names are cute: Ruger, pistol, remi, magnum, daisy, sniper, Benellie, Beretta, Colt, Delta, Glock, Jericho, Marlin, maxim, Raven, Savage, ect. Or lily, sheldon, shelton, and Turdo

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
cberg45 said:
im planning on picking up a sulcata tort and im thinking of some names and would like some input from you guys aswell. im all for the names from cartoons like franklin bowser squritle etc i really want to keep it in that general discussion.so if you guys have any names that you think of please post and let me know.

You named off my torts name there, lol.

krb1093 said:
Gun names are cute: Ruger, pistol, remi, magnum, daisy, sniper, Benellie, Beretta, Colt, Delta, Glock, Jericho, Marlin, maxim, Raven, Savage, ect. Or lily, sheldon, shelton, and Turdo

And had a dog named Ruger named after the gun :)

Irwin4530

5 Year Member
I have a red foot named Toff after the earth bender on avitar.......my nephews got me into the show and it is a perfect tort name ...they really are "earth benders!"

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
You guys talking about gun names made me think about looking up names for tanks and armored vehicles, since tortoises are often compared to tanks! It turns out many tank names are just letters and numbers, but some are named for famous people (tanks called the Churchill, Cromwell etc). Some interesting names I ran across were: Bradley, Humvee, Panzer (German; WW II), Patton, Pershing, Sherman and Sheridan, etc.

RonHays

5 Year Member
Oxford, Ms
My Sulcata's name is Panzer. If I were to get another male, I would name him Rommel. :)

TurtlePoop

5 Year Member
Irwin4530 said:
I have a red foot named Toff after the earth bender on avitar.......my nephews got me into the show and it is a perfect tort name ...they really are "earth benders!"

Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.