Tortoise and the dawg

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Lancaster
BTW I get a kick out of the dog/tort posts that start out “Bad Dog” because of what they did to a tort.
There are no bad dogs or bad torts or any bad animals….just ignorant owners of animals that obviously rather place blame anywheres but on themself ….something I have no trouble with. I can be a real idiot!
‘I’m sure many of you will agree 😋👍
I trust an animal to be the animal that they are and that's as far as I trust them. They make you think though 😜 and that's just one of my reasons for loving them.

Thessle

Maine
You're ok and on the right site. I love this site also and wish I had found it much sooner too so I could avoid the issues. It's a blessing to be able to share with people that have one thing on their minds. Caring for ALL of their critters 🤗.
I don't have any of those social media ding dong apps on my phone. I celebrated when my phone sent me a message that I could uninstall the preinstalled Facebook app and started shouting yes yes yes!!!! I was sooo happy 😁but I can still look if someone wants to send me something pertinent to me.😊
I love it ….ding dong apps Hehehehe. I’m going to steal that line from you for some future use for sure.
‘I’m really liking you Cathie G

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I thought it might be the length of the video so I tried short ones but no go….the box only allows me photo uploads……actually says that specifically….if you use the media sites like Facebook it’s allowed but I refuse to go there so after looking more into the sites rules I guess if your a long term member or have some special authority they grant the ability to upload vids ….seems a bit ridiculous but I’m not going to lose sleep over it.
I appreciate you trying to help out …your intentions are true and good natured ….just like most animal lovers are.💕❤️🐢forum
That's kinda what I said. With my phone I have to move videos to my photos app on my phone. That's what I use here. The videos can be mine or whatever ones I want to keep. I can send them to myself on a computer or from my phone to my email then to my text then put them in my photo app.. Then if I'm trying to post something here I touch attach files and from there to whatever file it's in and choose the one I want. Choose it then press Done. Then insert a full instead of thumbprint size. Then post. I was so tickled to finally figure out how to do that 😂. That crazy TikTok video was my first successful video post after about 4 years of trying to figure it out. Well... guess what. I know how to do it now.hehehe😁

Jan A

Boulder, CO
I don't have any of those social media ding dong apps on my phone. I celebrated when my phone sent me a message that I could uninstall the preinstalled Facebook app and started shouting yes yes yes!!!! I was sooo happy 😁but I can still look if someone wants to send me something pertinent to me.😊
My philosophy: Just say no to social media platforms. There are some real nasty trolls out there living in their parents' basement getting paid to attract innocents & other nasty people.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I trust an animal to be the animal that they are and that's as far as I trust them.

I began laughing when I read this..................so true.........sometimes we want the animal to have feelings, when they don't!

"Picture a boy of 16, next to a baby pool setup on a table, with a 3ft Caiman in it......the boy is trying to pet said caiman.....trusting the animal not to bite him..................weed makes the boy truly believe "he's one with the caiman"....as his hand drifts closer to the caimans waiting mouth."

Now lets fast forward to today.....and I still have all my fingers 5 decades later because at the last moment, COMMON SENSE staged an intervention that day. It taught me a life-lesson; Don't inject what I want to happen, to what's actually going to happen. In other words; Use your head jeffrey, you know better.

(For anyone not 100% sure.....that Caiman would have bit me back then, no question! It would not have moved until it was sure it would get me, that's actually what was going to happen)

LOL......yeah, I'm with Jan on this......we don't be doin no soc media here......the family aspect is nice if you are close with yours but as a social platform...............well, look at my sig....does that sound like a screen mogul?