Tortoise beak and nails

Status
Not open for further replies.

rocky1998

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Scotland
I really like my tortoise and its shell is more or less perfect... Although the nails are quite sharp and its beak isn't overgrown but I'd still like it to be shorter , besides putting stones into their pen what else can I do to trim it?
Is this an okay size enclosure for these torts , I will be changing the enclosure soon though

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    573.6 KB · Views: 91

hunterk997

10 Year Member!
Wayland, NY
For trimming, you can have an experienced vet trim them. And what are the dimensions of the enclosure?

Sent from my Ipod using the tortoiseforum app

LolaMyLove

10 Year Member!
Walnut Creek, Ca
28"x11" is much too small. Try expanding it to 4'x 6' if you can or better yet an outside area where he can stretch his little legs everyday.
I have an indoor house for mine that is 2.5'x4' and I only use it for night and bad weather. During the day he lives in a 4'x12' enclosure. Sometime I feel like even that is too small. Just remember bigger is always better with torts.

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Though the enclosure does look on the small side, it does not look as small as 11 inches by 28 inches. That would be smaller than a 20 gallon long terrarium and this doesn't look that small.

For keeping the beak short, put cuttlebone in the enclosure. For nails, keep rocks in the enclosure.

Maybe you meant 28 inches wide and long each way, and 11 inches tall?

Status
Not open for further replies.