Tortoise exercise day

Srmcclure

Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma city
does any one else's tortoise just randomly pick a day and say, today is the day I march all day long!

Usually Ghido stomps around a bit, but mostly lays down under his plants and chills. Today he's decided he's walking all over the place and not gunna stop. He stops for a minute to grab a bite to eat, then keeps going. I havent changed anything at all lol. Hes been going for about 3 hours now. He did this one time right after I switched up his whole enclosure, but not since then.

Hes such a goof ball.

2CAA8E954DFB_1594492409605.png2CAA8E954DFB_1594492437845.png2CAA8E954DFB_1594495520526.png2CAA8E954DFB_1594496047691.png

Attachments

• 2CAA8E954DFB_1594492409605.png
    2CAA8E954DFB_1594492409605.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 9

Krista S

Platinum Tortoise Club
Saskatchewan
He’s so cute! Maybe he’s working on a big poop. My tortoise gets extra active for awhile before he poops, so maybe you’ll have a little...err big...surprise waiting for you next time you check in on him. lol

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
He’s so cute! Maybe he’s working on a big poop. My tortoise gets extra active for awhile before he poops, so maybe you’ll have a little...err big...surprise waiting for you next time you check in on him. lol
That would be my luck lol

Golden Greek Tortoise 567

Colorado Springs,CO
My russian tort destroys her plants as well. As soon as I finish planting some new ones she comes over and rips them right out of the pot and eats the whole thing. (At least they’re not wasted) I tried putting in fake plants but she tries to eat those too, so I’ve resorted to just putting pictures of plants. She’s also tried to take chomps out of those and then realized they’re not real, she then stalks off and sits in her hide like a big cry baby. Sometimes I put little metal cages around them but I don’t have many, so she usually gets her way.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
My russian tort destroys her plants as well. As soon as I finish planting some new ones she comes over and rips them right out of the pot and eats the whole thing. (At least they’re not wasted) I tried putting in fake plants but she tries to eat those too, so I’ve resorted to just putting pictures of plants. She’s also tried to take chomps out of those and then realized they’re not real, she then stalks off and sits in the her hide like a big cry baby. Sometimes I put little metal cages around them but I don’t have many, so she usually gets her way.
He's on a mission! Haha

Thats funny! He wont eat any plants i put in there (at least not yet) but he likes to bulldoze them around. Funny thing is he just ripped up his favorite hide spot plant. I'm sure he'll pout when he realizes that lol ?

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
That’s too funny! We are so lucky to have tortoises in our lives. Their personalities are priceless and it seems like the majority or the world doesn’t even know it.
When I got him my dad asked me why on earth would I want something like that? They don't do anything. Then I showed him a video of one chasing a remote control car ?
He's a dog person lol.

Srmcclure

Oklahoma city
Oh my god this is so funny, my tortoise does the same exact thing!! I always drive myself crazy trying to figure out which different factors in the universe have come together to provoke Tortillini to walk a tort marathon that day
Glad I dont have the only cute little weirdo lol

Rogue097

Tennessee
Just out of curiosity, does he actually play with that little ball you have in there? I’ve been wondering if something like that would give my Russian some kind of enrichment, but I don’t think he’d think anything of it

Snoopy’s mom

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Honolulu
My russian tort destroys her plants as well. As soon as I finish planting some new ones she comes over and rips them right out of the pot and eats the whole thing. (At least they’re not wasted) I tried putting in fake plants but she tries to eat those too, so I’ve resorted to just putting pictures of plants. She’s also tried to take chomps out of those and then realized they’re not real, she then stalks off and sits in her hide like a big cry baby. Sometimes I put little metal cages around them but I don’t have many, so she usually gets her way.

Mine does that too. Nowdays his enclosure looks like a barren desert.