Tortoise heat pads

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington, NC
Does anyone know where to buy pig blankets or heat pads for tortoises cheap? I need big ones like 36x48

parrotlady

5 Year Member
Kane mfg co makes heat mats of different sizes. I just purchased 4 and honestly, they are not cheap. I understand they are very durable and will last. I considered it a good investment. You might check different reptile sites for used ones ie@ fauna classifieds or Kingsnake.

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Washington, NC
parrotlady said:
Kane mfg co makes heat mats of different sizes. I just purchased 4 and honestly, they are not cheap. I understand they are very durable and will last. I considered it a good investment. You might check different reptile sites for used ones ie@ fauna classifieds or Kingsnake.

Thanks

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I got the 18x18 from Tyler, tortoise supply. His prices were the cheapest and got them so fast, it made my head spin. Check his prices against the other places you look.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I have 2 Stanfield heat pads, 36x48 in and 12x36 in. the larger on since 2007 and the other last fall. I am completely satisfied with both. I wouldn't say they were priced cheaply but worth the money paid. I have never had a Kane heat pad but people speak highly of them also. I got my Stanfields from Osborne Industries in Kansas.

Magdrive

5 Year Member
Washington, NC
Len said:
I have 2 Stanfield heat pads, 36x48 in and 12x36 in. the larger on since 2007 and the other last fall. I am completely satisfied with both. I wouldn't say they were priced cheaply but worth the money paid. I have never had a Kane heat pad but people speak highly of them also. I got my Stanfields from Osborne Industries in Kansas.

Any problems with tortoises crawling on it? Any chance of burns or catching fire?

lightsout2184

5 Year Member
Beanfarm.com is where I got mine only a dollar less then tortoise supply but had a great experience as well

Magdrive said:
Len said:

Any problems with tortoises crawling on it? Any chance of burns or catching fire?

The Kane mats now come with an embedded safety thermostat so you don't have to worry.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Magdrive said:
Len said:

No problems as of yet, Walker my adult sulcata has been using the 3x4 pad since 2007 during the winter months. he is around 100 pounds and is not gentle with anything, He is 100 percent male sulcata. I do check the pad temp daily to make sure it is where it's supposed to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.