Tortoise house for boxies?

terryo

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Staten Island, New York
If you are getting hatchlings this IMHO is one of the best sits available. There is also a lot of pictures of his indoor and outdoor set ups.
http://turtle_tails.tripod.com/raisingbabyturtles/tour1.htm

I have 4 babies that are in an out door set up for the Summer, but will come in to a 40 gal. breeder tank for the Winter. I keep them inside until they are 3 ro 4 years old. They usually slow down in the Winter and do not need much space. Next Summer they will go out with the big kids. Good luck.

Elliriyanna

5 Year Member
If you are getting hatchlings this IMHO is one of the best sits available. There is also a lot of pictures of his indoor and outdoor set ups.
http://turtle_tails.tripod.com/raisingbabyturtles/tour1.htm

I have 4 babies that are in an out door set up for the Summer, but will come in to a 40 gal. breeder tank for the Winter. I keep them inside until they are 3 ro 4 years old. They usually slow down in the Winter and do not need much space. Next Summer they will go out with the big kids. Good luck.
I saw that one but it worried me ... they are mixing boxies with a spotted turtle , at this age spotteds are almost entirely aquatic.

I always forget most turtles dont grow big fast. not like RES or dogs and cats where there is a lot of up front growing.

That actually helps a lot. It means i have more time to prepare their big set up.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southwest Washington
Yep, I live in the PNW but we are quite dry from the end of June through September. I have a drip system with mini sprayers on a timer. They come on in the morning so the soil is moist as the sun comes up. Bugs/slugs and snails like it, and my boxie likes them. :D

Just saw Terryo's post. I was trying to remember the name of that site yesterday! Turtle tails is a fabulous site. Read through it; they know their stuff.
I will book mark it now.