Will this be enough for my RT?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Eastern USA
Hi!
I've had Myrtle for about a year now in this enclosure: Click here Now, obviously I know now that this is way too small for her. My question is, though, would 2 of these cages or maybe even 3 be enough space for her? I could build her an enclosure, but my dad is super busy right now so I don't want to bug him (he's my building buddy :) ).
Thanks so much!
TortoiseLuv0131

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
3 should work fine for a single Russian. That'll make it 2'x9' or 18 square feet.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using TortForum mobile app

theelectraco

5 Year Member
I currently have two connected for my Redfoot. Let me tell you firsthand, they are not worth the money. You can build something larger for a fraction of the price. I love mine, but I completely customized them and got them for cheap. Plus, having 3 give you 2x9 feet and your Russian would prefer something less narrow.

0.1.0 Dachshund
0.0.1 Redfoot
1.0.0 Greek

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
OK, thank you all for your replies! Unless I can find some super cheap (used maybe?) on craigslist or ebay, it sounds like my best bet would be to build one. I'll look around and keep you posted! Thanks again.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
For less than the price of one of those you can build a 4x8' enclosure with a sheet of plywood and three 8' 2x12s.

TortoiseLuv0131

5 Year Member
Eastern USA
Yeah...I'm going with building one. Frankly for the price I'm just not interested in buying two more of these. Thank you all very much again for your help! I'll let you see pics when the cage is completed! (It'll probably take up to a month because as I mentioned before, my Dad is very busy and won't be able to spend a lot of time on it per day.)

Status
Not open for further replies.