Easy Outside Enclosure?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Ok first off I suck at building stuff... like I fear power tools. So my boyfriend says he'll build me enclosures for my tortoise. The only problem is that it probably won't be until summer for me which is like half a year away, because he's so busy with school this semester. I was wondering what is an easy way to build an outside enclosure that doesn't involve power tools that is tortoise safe? I have a hermann's tortoise about a year and half old supposedly. I live in California. My yard isn't huge, but I have enough space for a 4ftx4ft enclosure for now, (right now we are planting a bunch a stuff in half the yard so it can't be used until we are done >.<). Any thoughts?

THANK YOU <3

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
I usually start off with cinder blocks, then when I have more time, change it out to one made with wood.

All you need for the cinder block pen is gloves to protect your hands, and a strong back for lifting and placing the blocks. If you're careful to set them on level ground, and line them up good, it is a very sturdy fence. You probably wouldn't have to go more than two blocks high for a little guy like a Hermann's. I don't know how well they climb, but you can always offset some masonry caps along the top so they hang over into the pen to inhibit climbing.

Cymmie

5 Year Member
Oh cool ^^ that sounds like a great idea <3 thanks so much ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.