Tortoise in my future!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
San Diego
OMG! I finally broke the ice about getting a tortoise!
My husband had a few questions & I gave him a quick run down of the options we have. He never said "no."
I took him to the San Diego Tortoise Society adoption page and showed a few tortoises and then we talked from there.
I'm so freaking excited!!

I hope I posted in the right area? Happy Saturday!!!

jackmac

5 Year Member
Sacramento, CA
Congrats Kathy,
I am on the opposite end, I had to convince my wife for quite some time. Everyone is so helpful here.
Cheers
jack

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's a big hurdle to over come. Nice job. Well played...

Now what kind of tortoise are you looking for?

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Here is my trick with my husband who will probably read this… I always ask for something out of the question like for example…. another child. He freaks say's no and then I say all sad and pathetic "fine I guess a _____ will make me happy if I can't have that":). Best of luck.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Not sure what i want yet!! If I were going to get something on the smaller side i would love a redfoot. Buuuut if we agree I would love a Sulcata. We have the room! Then again I would like to have a enclosure closer to our home so we can sit in the evenings and watch them. Our back 40 is so mostly dirt and it's hot. Once we narrow it down i can plan!!! I'm just so giddy today!!!

pandacakes

5 Year Member
Oregon
What kind of tortoises are on the maybe list? :) Are you thinking of adopting one?

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
CtTortoiseMom said:
Here is my trick with my husband who will probably read this… I always ask for something out of the question like for example…. another child. He freaks say's no and then I say all sad and pathetic "fine I guess a _____ will make me happy if I can't have that":). Best of luck.

LOL, the sad face works every time :cool:

Oh, if you've got the room, go for the Sulcata!!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
So happy for you and love the high energy coming from this thread! I agree, if you have the room. sulcata tend to be the most given highest marks for being wonderful pets. Of course the problems with them are also given high marks. :cool: :D

abra

5 Year Member
Mass
Congrats! I'm surprised my mom let me have a tort, I didn't even have to beg :p One day my friend told me she got one so I asked my mom and she was like "I always wanted a turtle!" But, I'm not a fan of cleaning out filters and tanks so we ended up with Rambo my Russian :)

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks for sharing your excitement with me everyone! I haven't decided yet. I do have a feeling it could be a redfoot because I have wanted one for years. I haven't got an official "yes" so I'm going to ease into it. That's why I love it here. There's so much to read & learn.

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
HI IF YOU TELL HIM YOU WANT A NEW CORVET, HE'LL THINK A TORT. MIGHT BE A BETTER CHOICE. IT WORKS FOR ME.'LOL' LINDY

african cake queen

5 Year Member
ct.usa
Momof4 said:
hey hey don't give away our secrets:)
[ i am lucky my husband does not use the computer,he walks right by the torts. unless the are mating, then saids LOOK! like its the first time i have seen them! he s so funny.how do you think i got my subaru? i told him i wanted a pet chicken and he flipped out. he brought home the car and i told him i would be right back and put some chrome rims and new tires on it. then i said wow thanks baby!'lol' lindy

DixieParadise

5 Year Member
Georgetown, TX
I am glad you discussed it with him and then showed him how many tortoises really need help. Glad you got him to reconsider and now you just have to decide which is the best one for YOU, but easy enough for him to enjoy as well. It is work, so you might want to go small to get the hang of it and then add to your 40 acres. I think someone on here always compares it to the "Lays Potato Chips"...you can never have just one. Good Luck to you and CONGRATS!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.