Tortoise in the walking dead (spoilers)...

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
So I was too busy bitching about that red foot being non native to realize that she was about to eat it and was caught off guard, I gasped and my boyfriend rolled his eyes like obviously she ate it. I'm still mad that they weren't representing w native boxies :)

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
I saw that. I'm traumatized even though the "after" tort was so fake looking.
seriously I was just not paying attention enough to brace myself, caught me completely by surprise. But those bones...turtle heads totally have 8 4 inch long bones

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
boxes are too small I guess to make a decent meal.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Must have been the pet of some person that was transformed into a zombie and escaped to live on the loose.:)
On a side note, Redfoot are used very widely for food throughout their ranges.

Gabriel Mattei

5 Year Member
Thailand
It scared me to death but its good to know that they are starting to use tortoises in the Tv series!

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Must have been the pet of some person that was transformed into a zombie and escaped to live on the loose.:)
On a side note, Redfoot are used very widely for food throughout their ranges.

guess it depends on the timeline, I was assuming it was after year one and I doubt it would have survived a zone 6/7 winter

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
you people have a problem with a tortoise in the wrong area. But the dead coming back to life & eating people no problem. what a world :)

Hahaha, point but its more that a good fantasy show should be about suspension of disbelief in one aspect (here zombies) with all other aspects as "normal" or "real" as possible to showcase that change

Melissa101

5 Year Member
UK
I couldn't even watch! I'm so glad I saw this thread before watching the episode. As soon as I saw the tortoise I looked away and waited for my husband to tell me it was done! There's something about tortoises in particular that makes scenes like that even sadder, maybe because they're so slow and gentle, and also because they look so strong but can be easily taken. Definitely won't watch that scene any time soon!

SGT Fish

Columbus, Ohio
the fake tortoise killing didnt bother me. waht did a little was a survival show on discovery channel where the people found a yellow foot tortoise and ate it, for real, on tv. showed them butchering it and everything.

but after three weeks in the wild with no food, i wouldnt have much of a problem eating a wild one either

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Ha! Great point.
I also noticed seeing the tortoise "killed" evoked more sadness from me than any of the human "deaths" that episode...
Did you watch The Talking Dead after show? Kevin Smith was talking about being upset about the tortoise as he's a tortoise owner himself.