Tortoise Island

Status
Not open for further replies.

jake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Canyon Lake, TX
Here is our "tortoise island." What do y'all think? We're open to any suggestions or ideas you might have to make it more tort friendly!

tortoise isle 2.jpg
tortoise isle.jpg

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
That looks really nice! The only thing I would suggest is maybe some more areas to hide in. They are some lucky torts!

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Looks great Jake. Wish I had that much room, I'd have a bushel of torts ;)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
jake said:
Here is our "tortoise island." What do y'all think? We're open to any suggestions or ideas you might have to make it more tort friendly!

Thanks!

That's really beautiful, Autumn! It looks very professional. And comfy for the tortoises. I see the Aldabran on the one side, but who lives on the other side?

Yvonne

Redfootedboxturtles

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Whoa thats awesome . Nice work! Have youhad any trouble with them climbing those type of blocks? They are really nice , I didnt use them because of the way they are jagged like that it makes it easyer for tortosies to climb on them. I used the smooth cinderblocks and still have them climbing like they are half monkeys. Im talking about redfoots.

Any ways , looks great.

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Inland Empire, CA
Jake, I can clearlly see the Aldabra but is that a Sully I see tucked into the far corner in the second pic?

And what a cool idea (first Pic) to build a slide for the torts to use to get back over the wall into their enclosure ;)

jake

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Canyon Lake, TX
Thanks! The other side is for the sulcatas. Yes, they are tucked in the corner. It's their favorite corner while the aldabras like to be under the yuccas.

Status
Not open for further replies.