Tortoise light

chubu

Location (City and/or State)
oman
Hello! this is what they sell around here, im guessing these are not too good for the tortoise or am i wrong? Please correct me.
I have the links of suggested uvb lights from amazon but im just checking around here if we have anything similar to it before purchasing from the website because its quite expensive just to ship it over here the price doubles😅

Attachments

• c70d96d3-e919-4c2b-8f9a-09f2f85940b7.jpeg
    c70d96d3-e919-4c2b-8f9a-09f2f85940b7.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_2704.jpeg
    IMG_2704.jpeg
    130.1 KB · Views: 1

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
You are correct, they shouldn't be used.
A straight tube fluorescent for uvb
An incandescent FLOOD for basking.
Ceramic heat emitter for night heat and any added day heat needed.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
Hello! this is what they sell around here, im guessing these are not too good for the tortoise or am i wrong? Please correct me.
I have the links of suggested uvb lights from amazon but im just checking around here if we have anything similar to it before purchasing from the website because its quite expensive just to ship it over here the price doubles😅
Hello!
No, unfortunately none of these lamps is suitable (and the LED lamp is potentially dangerous). Do reptile shops sell T8 lamps made by Arcadia or ZooMed? If not, perhaps, natural sunlight is your best bet.

chubu

oman
Hello!
No, unfortunately none of these lamps is suitable (and the LED lamp is potentially dangerous). Do reptile shops sell T8 lamps made by Arcadia or ZooMed? If not, perhaps, natural sunlight is your best bet.
I will have those checked. if not, just how u suggested.. natural sunlight is best.

Alex and the Redfoot

Cyprus
I will have those checked. if not, just how u suggested.. natural sunlight is best.
If you can find T8 lamps, ask to get you a double lamp fixture with a reflector (usually it's an aquarium thing). Two T8 lamps are more or less equal to one T5.