Tortoise nightmare...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Columbia, SC
So I woke up in a cold sweat last night because I dreamed that my brother was skipping stones on the lake at the farm and somehow Levi got into his pile of rocks and he threw him in ...I dove in after him and just couldn't find him in all the weeds and woke up gasping when I ran out of air.

...I hate trying to explain dreams, it never comes of right because they are so much more about the intangible than anything you could actually explain but suffice to say this was AWFUL. I've been awake for five hours and I'm still shaking with it. My poor brother, I'm actually kind of mad at him now because of something he did accidentally in my subconscious

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
AWWW...it will be alright....and I had to laugh at the part about being mad at your brother for what he did in a dream...when I was married I was always having weird or annoying dreams with my then husband in them and whenever that would happen I would wake up and just look at him and I would be like uhhhhh and be mad for a bit.....poor guy (then that was) was simply minding his own business sleeping...lol :D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I hardly ever remember anything I've dreamt.

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Thanks! I never used to dream...or remember them but for some reason ths past year I've been having some really intense ones, it's a little freaky

cherylim

5 Year Member
Leyland, UK
Aww! I've had a couple of tortoise nightmares so far. I have very vivid dreams most nights and remember them clearly. My last tortoise nightmare was a few nights ago - Emrys was in his enclosure and he choked on a piece of cuttlefish. He made a weird gagging sound, stretch out and then just went limp. Traumatising!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
LOL! I have gotten really mad at my husband, sister and mom for stuff they did in my dreams.
Ana, are you stressed about something?

ShadowRancher

10 Year Member!
Columbia, SC
Angi said:
LOL! I have gotten really mad at my husband, sister and mom for stuff they did in my dreams.
Ana, are you stressed about something?

Oh, always school...impending graduation just seems to make it worse not better, probably because I've gone to school for nearly 20 years and I feel like all it's taught me is how to go to school...I have absolutely no idea what to do with my degree in 3 months. A BS seems to be just what it says in the tin :rolleyes:

jkingler

5 Year Member
I have had two tort nightmares thus far (and the constant left-field waking 'dream' imagery of forgetting to take my tort out of the soak before microwaving it to heat it up a bit :( :( :(), so I know how jarring that can be, and what an impact it can have, even when you know it isn't real and won't be real. Sorry to hear that your subconscious is having at you as well!

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have several dreams/nightmares
1 involves my old place, for some reason I am digging a hole and I find dozens if not hundreds of tootsies under the ground, they are not dead or anything just living there.
another one involves me going to pick up one of my tortoises and I squeeze them and they fall apart
a third one involves me seeing one of my tortoises and his shell is in a figure 8 or hour glass shape.

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
ShadowRancher said:
Thanks! I never used to dream...or remember them but for some reason ths past year I've been having some really intense ones, it's a little freaky

Brothers can be such evil creatures, lol. As long as you didn't dream in color, you have nothing to worry about :p

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I dream in color all of the time, is something wrong?

TaraDodrill

5 Year Member
dmmj said:
I dream in color all of the time, is something wrong?

No, nothing is wrong. Only very intelligent people frequently dream in color, so that is a good thing. Think of your dreams like Tarot cards, not a prediction of the future but as a guide to follow through, correct or prevent events from turning out poorly. Text your bro and tell him to keep his hands off your tort while skipping rocks :)

Status
Not open for further replies.