Tortoise not eating much.

Ashley15

Location (City and/or State)
Oregon
Hi everyone so I have an adult Russian Tortoise named Nikita. She lives in a tortoise table inside with coco coir, heat lamps and a T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Fluorescent Lamp. The temps in her enclose are 110 under her basking lamp then 88 and 69 on the warm and cool sides. I know her enclosure is small for her but I don't have the space for a bigger one at the moment. To make up for this she has a 4ft by 4ft enclosures outside that she goes out in when I'm not working. She eats a mix of Radicchio, Escarole, Endive, Mustard Greens, Dandelions, Collard Greens, and the plants from Testudo Seed Mix.

Lately though she has barley been eating anything. She takes a few bites then refuses more or anything else. Also I have been having to wake her up in the morning. For example I will turn on all her lights at 9 AM but by 12 PM she has barley moved in her log. But other then these two things she seems completely normal. I did change the coco coir in her cage about three weeks ago and I know that she got stressed out because she didn't recognize her home. At first I wasn't that worried because I thought she was just stressed from the move but its almost been four weeks now and her appetite has't improved. I have been bathing her daily to make sure she drinks water.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should give her some more time to get over the change or should I be worried because she use to eat a ton.

Ben02

Brighton, Southcoast, UK
Hi everyone so I have an adult Russian Tortoise named Nikita. She lives in a tortoise table inside with coco coir, heat lamps and a T8 ReptiSun 10.0 UVB Fluorescent Lamp. The temps in her enclose are 110 under her basking lamp then 88 and 69 on the warm and cool sides. I know her enclosure is small for her but I don't have the space for a bigger one at the moment. To make up for this she has a 4ft by 4ft enclosures outside that she goes out in when I'm not working. She eats a mix of Radicchio, Escarole, Endive, Mustard Greens, Dandelions, Collard Greens, and the plants from Testudo Seed Mix.

Lately though she has barley been eating anything. She takes a few bites then refuses more or anything else. Also I have been having to wake her up in the morning. For example I will turn on all her lights at 9 AM but by 12 PM she has barley moved in her log. But other then these two things she seems completely normal. I did change the coco coir in her cage about three weeks ago and I know that she got stressed out because she didn't recognize her home. At first I wasn't that worried because I thought she was just stressed from the move but its almost been four weeks now and her appetite has't improved. I have been bathing her daily to make sure she drinks water.

I guess I'm just wondering if I should give her some more time to get over the change or should I be worried because she use to eat a ton.
Temps are a bit to high, if you have a lamp stand you can adjust the height. Have you tried giving warm soaks daily?

Ashley15

Oregon
That could be it since this is the first summer we have had her. I'll get a lower wattage bulb and see if that helps. She has been having warm soaks everyday. Mostly just to be sure she is still drinking.