Tortoise on terror

Holycross17

Location (City and/or State)
CA
Hello my tortoise Rocky I have had him since a baby , he is now 7 years old and just within the past few weeks has been ramming everything, moving all his shelter around, he is not humping , he rams our shins and cannot even clean out his pen anymore, he usally puts all the weight in back ricks his head and launches at you ,he usally is the nicest tortoise in the world loves snuggling, scratch’s , etc here is a pic of him

Attachments

• CA4E5832-5090-4184-8469-1A958D2C451D.jpeg
    CA4E5832-5090-4184-8469-1A958D2C451D.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 7

MenagerieGrl

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
El Sobrante, CA.
Hum, kinda looks like he's givin you the "stink eye" . . . you holding back on the tasty treats? 🤣

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's normal. Not every male goes through this bad boy stuff, and hopefully he'll grow out of it.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Sounds like he wants you out of his territory.

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Can we get some pics of his enclosure and details of the conditions of care like diet, temperature, humidity levels etc? What is his substrate?

tortlvr

Today is my birthday!
San Diego Ca
Hello my tortoise Rocky I have had him since a baby , he is now 7 years old and just within the past few weeks has been ramming everything, moving all his shelter around, he is not humping , he rams our shins and cannot even clean out his pen anymore, he usally puts all the weight in back ricks his head and launches at you ,he usally is the nicest tortoise in the world loves snuggling, scratch’s , etc here is a pic of him
My Rocky does this. He's so stelth I need eyes in the back of my head. He can be very injurious. It's a territory behavior. Our big guy never outgrew this. Keep your eyes on him. Your ankles will thank you.