Tortoise seed mix and other feeding questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

UrsusArctos

5 Year Member
Hello!

We are researching the best diet for our young sulcata and were wondering if this seed mix for the Small Northern Indoor sulcata is sufficient for his staple diet?
http://www.sulcatafood.com/Store.html

Also- the timothy hay with rose petals that you can buy in bags at a feed stores- are those okay? I imagine that fresh rose petals would be best, but has anyone had any luck with getting their sulcata or other tortoise to eat it?

Our sulcata is young and small (under a year) and currently lives indoors on a turtle table at night and outside in warm weather/day time in a very large converted planter box. Would it be a negative thing to keep a patch of clover in the tank and planter box at all times for him to munch on and double as decor? We were also thinking about planting some aloe vera plants- is that safe if he eats any of it?

Thank you!

Beck

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Lakeland/Central FL
Tortoisesupply.com has some good seed mixes as well as carolinapetsupply.com . I'm unfamiliar with sulcatafood, but I also don't have a sulcata -- so there's that. :)

On a slightly unrelated note, I'd love to see your converted planter! Where did you get it? I'm having trouble finding a good planter to convert.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using TortForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.