Tortoise splashing

Status
Not open for further replies.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
Ok so does anyone else's sulcata go into the water dish and literally splash the water up on themselves? I heard splashing coming from his enclosure and I go over and he is in the water dish laying down and using his front feet or paws or whatever you call them and he was splashing the water onto himself. It was very cute. I know he likes to go into his water dish but have never observed him doing this. Makes me want to put the song "Splish Splash" on. Silly tort

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Sounds really cute, so where's the video:p :D You should try to get a vid though. Does he maybe need a little deeper water dish? Of course if you do give him a bigger deeper one, be sure it's not to deep that he could drown were he to flip.

bookwurm1982

5 Year Member
wellington said:
Sounds really cute, so where's the video:p :D You should try to get a vid though. Does he maybe need a little deeper water dish? Of course if you do give him a bigger deeper one, be sure it's not to deep that he could drown were he to flip.

Now that I know he does it I hope to get a video of it. Definitely so cute. I don't really want anything deeper cause I think I would worry.

RuthJanice said:
Yes Walter does that as well.... it is very cute.

How old is your baby?

RuthJanice

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif
Not completely sure - I adopted him on Jan 19th and he was a few months old supposedly. His top shell is just about 4" and he weighs 3.8oz

Sent from my iPhone using TortoiseForum mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.