tortoise stress!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
ok so i bought a russian yesterday and the tortoise has yet to get out of his shell, hasnt even moved an inch!!! its like scared. this isnt normal. i talked to the guy today and he told me that she always runs around, but to give her 1-2 days because of her new surrounds and its also due to stress. not one inch!!! even peak his head out....not one inch!!! well the guy said he'll refund me the money so i know hes honest. also he said its a female but looks like a male to me. ill post pictures to get opinions, told me the vet said it was a female. (its small but tail looks kinda long to be female)

tortoise lover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
UK
Hi When i got my russian who is 18months old now she was exactly the same for a week,I was on the verge of taking her back and swopping her for another and after that time there was not stopping her,she started eating and exploring and theres been no looking back since.How are things with your torty now?

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
well now she still shy but not as much and sleeps alot but when shes awake she'll eat fine and walks pretty fast with her eyes wide open. BUT........most of the time shes awake with her eyes closed, like she cant open them (she walks with her eyes closed) did u have the same problem?

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
oh hey tortoiselover i just read ur thread on feed tube and see u have/had the same problem i guess ill use contact len solution as someone suggested. thanks and good luck with ur tortoises!

tortoise lover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
UK
Hi yeah my older horsfield is the one with the feeding tube in at the moment but i also have a 18month as well and it was her i was referring to,she went to bed about 6pm last night and she is still burried deep in the substance,maybe have to wake her up soon,once shes awake she is fine and eats me out of house and home,Are u from the UK at all?

jasso2

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
nope im from texas. USA. i got a couple of items to rub on my tortoises eye but ill try len solution now. THANKS!

tortoise lover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
UK
Ok good luck with it,I have got some tiacil eyedrops for my older one and if these dont work i am gonna try them. Nice where your from by the way

Jentortmom

10 Year Member!
Arizona
It can take them a few hours to a few weeks to get over the move. As for the eyes you can try the eye drops and if that doesn't work then get some Terramycin Opthalmic Ointment by Pfizer that Yvonne suggests, it work wonders I keep a tube at my house always. Also try to get her outside as much as you can for some real sun.

Status
Not open for further replies.